Can't get RM Rule Boolean back to True

So I have (what I thought) to be a simple automation.

1. If Time is certain time of day AND boolean = true --> turn on bathroom lights.

1. If Taking a Shower switch changes to On --> Turn Off Bathroom Lights AND set Rule #1 Boolean to False. (this works)

1. If Taking a Shower switch changes to Off --> Turn on Bathroom Lights and set Rule #1 Boolean to True.

(this rule does not work)..

Logs...

Which part of the trigger doesn't work? All of it or just the Private Boolean part? How are you determining the state of Private Boolean for the first triggered rule (to know that it is not working)? Were you expecting the first triggered rule to run when the second trigger runs? It will only run when Master Bathroom Motion Sensor goes active.

When I run item number 2, the resulting action turns the item #1 Boolean False. This works.

When I run item 3, the resulting action does NOT turn the item #1 Boolean true.

Looks like a Display Error to me.

I duplicated as best I could, and it works. However, for Rule 1, I see the Boolean is showing as [FALSE] yet in the Rule Status screen, it's showing as true AND the lights I have config'd to mimic yours all do something.

scap

[FALSE] in the screen cap above but true in the one below.

scap

I have two Motion sensors here in my office: MultiSensor6J mimics your "Master Bathroom Motion" while my Office Wallswitch mimics your "Justin Bathroom Light"

My Rules #2 & #3 uses my 2nd Motion Sensor to mimic what I believe you do with a "shower" motion.

So.. it all begins with the "bathroom" light on, because Rules are initialized with boolean = true.

I then move to trigger only the "shower" motion, and the other light comes on, and the "bathroom" light goes off. I sit still and the "shower" motion ends and the lights reverse: other goes off, "bathroom" goes on. BUT, like you, Rule #1 shows [FALSE]

Ok, I will manually check the rule again (walk into the bathroom). But I am fairly positive the light did not come on.

Before I delete these test Rules, let me just copy them here, just in case it helps (or at least doesn't hurt!)

scap

scap

Sooooooo.. translations... MultiSensor6C is my "shower" mimic. Dimmer2 is the light mimicking your Master Shower Light.

Thank you for your assistance. I will verify tonight whether this is just a visual issue by actually walking into the bathroom to see what happens.

So here is the log when the bathroom sensor is active.

As you can see the Rile thinks the Boolean is false.

The trigger should have set the Boolean to true.

I can confirm there is a bug with this. I'm able to reproduce something similar, where the Private Boolean has been set to true by another trigger, but shows as false. Will have to dig a bit to see what's causing this.

1 Like

Found the bug! Not sure how it went unnoticed before, but I can tell you that a comment in the code suggests it was working and then broken (something essential was removed by a comment). Fix will be in the next release.

3 Likes

I don’t think this was fixed in the last update.

Correct, this was not fixed in 1.1.1.119. It will be in 1.1.2.

This bug has been fixed in new release: Hub Update 1.1.2

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.