Can't get Kwikset 914 to pair as a lock

I just wanted to bump this thread as I just purchased a half dozen Kwikset 914 locks myself and I'm hitting the exact same issues. Here's the fingerprint:

After getting the lock paired communication is very unreliable. I can add codes but "delete" doesn't seem to work. It successfully deletes the code from the lock (Because it no longer unlocks it) but Hubitat still shows the code assigned to the lock. They also don't seem to work with LCM at all.

-Jeremy

just replying to follow. my hubitat will be here on friday and i own the same locks

Replied to you in another thread. Make sure you've clicked "Configure" after manually changing the driver to Generic Z-Wave Lock.

Related problem - I had my Kwikset lock in ST but that hub is down as I move over to HE, but I cannot get the locks to be discovered. All the other Zigbee stuff, but I have two of the locks and neither one will appear in Discovery. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the Hubitat Community!

If these are Zigbee locks, factory reset them and pull the batteries for 30 sec.

You may need to pair closer to the locks. Normally pair in place is recommend, but locks are a different animal. Make sure you have adequate repeaters in range though.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Zigbee_Mesh

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Z-Wave_Mesh

Reset or exclude first.
Move the lock module or the HE hub close to each other. Usually less than a couple of feet.
Go into the HE Z-wave setting and click on all devices secure mode.
Turn on discovery and follow the inclusion of the lock.

1 Like

No luck. That's what I've been doing - the exclusion and re-scan. I've even gotten the locks to within a foot of the hub (even though I've got mesh nodes within a few feet of each lock position).

Only think I haven't done is a full factory reset because I'd rather not have to reprogram them. Plus I can't find anything in the manuals about how to do the full factory reset.

I have one of this lock and it's not easy to get it working but it does work. Just be sure it's excluded by looking at the blinking led. Here's the manual in PDF from kwiset.
It doesn't take very long to reprogram the code. Maybe a couple mins each.

https://s7d5.scene7.com/is/content/BDHHI/66073-001

I always remind people to make sure they are pushing the correct button, too...

There have been at least 5 times I've helped people w/Kwikset locks only to find out they were pushing the program button instead of the "A" button.

Not saying that applies here, just thinking out loud.

1 Like

Well, I was pushing the right button, thankfully, but it was just an extra reset and rescan. Finally got them in. Thanks. Now to convert over a few wifi switches I can't integrate and all will be well!

Did you have to reset the lock at the end to get it included? Either way, glad you got it working :+1:

Yes, but something weird with one of the two and it took a lot longer - I think it's how my mesh is set and I have a weak spot to fill. But both are working great now.
Thanks