Can't Get Cloud Backup to Work for C8 Migration

I purchased a C8 and I'm not having success doing a cloud backup of my C5. I hit the button and the rotating balls icon comes up for maybe a quarter second, and then it's gone. It says in bright red text "Last cloud backup upload failed, please try running cloud backup manually." I"ve followed all the troubleshooting I've found on the various FAQs and migration topics, but can't seem to make it do the cloud backup. Any ideas?

Thanks, Dave

I have a C-5 that is one of my two Development hubs. It's running v2.3.6.146 and I just clicked the cloud backup option... The hub chewed on the idea for a good 4 minutes then announced:

Last cloud backup upload failed, please try running cloud backup manually.

I clicked the cloud backup button again and 2 mins later it was done.

I verified it's availability on one of my C-8's:

I realize they look like the same screen cap, but I assure you they are from two different hubs. :slight_smile:

Maybe related to this?

Certainly sounds promising - thanks for steering me to the announcement, I hadn't spotted that in my searches.

I've got a new C8 waiting for this to be completed. Would be nice to get a status update.

There was at least one report of rolling back to 2.3.5 and being able to create the migration backup. It might be nice to have a true/false on that :smiley:

3 Likes

I just downgraded my C7 hub to 2.3.5.152 made a backup and then restored to my C8 on 2.3.6.146 and was successfully able to get around the issue. Thank you for suggesting this idea

3 Likes

Hello,

How does one obtain the downgrade if it is not listed as an option?

I would upgrade to beta instead downgrading to 2.3.5. The next version has overall enhancements that are not available if you downgrade and may still run into problems.

This post details how to download an older update: C-5 to C-8 hub migration failure "Internal error occured while restoring backup" - #20 by jtp10181

1 Like

Right on, thank you. Just waiting for the admittance into the beta program.

Thanks again!

My cloud backup and migration to C-8 all worked great with the latest C-5 software. The wait was worth not having to try and backup to an earlier software version.

Thanks everyone.

Dave

1 Like