Can't Enable Amazon Echo Skill

Hi,

I updated to the C8 hub and my Amazon Echo integration stopped working. I disabled the skill and removed the app from Hubitat. The hub is running the latest FW, as of today. From Amazon Alexa app, I go to the Hubitat skill, and tap "Enable to Use", and it just hangs, and eventually times out. I never get a chance to log in to Hubitat. I can ping alexa.amazon.com from my local network. I've cleared the cache on the Alexa app.

Has something gone awry with the Amazon Echo integration (set up)?

Thanks,
Richard

I have the same issue with the C-8 hub

There’s an issue with your hub accessing DNS servers.

1 Like

@user5310
I think that means you are having trouble reaching the Hubitat login portal. Can you reach portal.hubitat.com (might be another url, not sure where the OAuth thing goes)? Currently for me that url is also just giving a white screen and timing out. @bobbyD I know this keeps coming up and the solution was clear cache or use an incognito tab. Really starting to look like something is up with one or more of the cloud servers this is being hosted from.

It might also be trying to reach cloud.hubitat.com / some endpoint url, not totally sure.

1 Like

I’m having trouble enabling the skill as well.

Can your hub reach Hubitat's cloud? Have you tested whether your hub can access functioning DNS servers?

2 Likes

@support_team

1 Like

It sounds like they are getting stuck trying to enable the skill on the Alexa side, before they even get to log into their account. I think the hub is not even in the picture yet at that point. Should just be hitting one of the Hubitat cloud servers for the login.

2 Likes

Experiencing the same using my C-7; Alexa skill was working before but no luck in trying to get working again by trying to re-authorize the Hubitat skill using the Alexa app.

Yesterday, I was able to get to the login page but then I would get an error after selecting my hub. Now it’s working just fine today. :man_shrugging:

I ended up getting it working on my new C8 hub. I think that I had to go into the app on hubitat (Apps->Amazon Echo Skill->(Gear Icon)), then Go to App button, then go to the bottom and select 'Done'. I seemed to have to do this twice. Then I went back to the Alexa App, More->Skills & Games-> (search 'Hubitat'), then select Hubitat, then select 'Enable Skill'. I was finally able to log into Hubitat, and connect the skill.

Hope it helps.

-Richard

1 Like

Having trouble myself too.
When trying to link accounts from Alexa App,
It finds the hub, cloud works, installs Skill etc. Allows you to log in, select devices and then doesn't finish.
Log shows the following:

2572023-10-11 08:13:58.370 AMerrorError making Call to Alexa message gateway: {"header":{"namespace":"System","name":"Exception","messageId":"358133b4-8859-49c0-a24d-7bef82847104"},"payload":{"code":"INVALID_ACCESS_TOKEN_EXCEPTION","description":"Access token is not valid."}}

Have tried rebooting hub (C7), changing from reserved /static IP to Dynamic

Alexa App says:

We were unable to link Hubitat at this time.
Please try again later

Did you find a solution for this?