Can't edit switch devices properties in the Alexa app

I added some new devices yesterday and also added them in the Amazon Echo Skill app.
When I was going to rename and change type from switch to light, the property page just blinked and then I get a blank page. I have tried to edit the devices on both my iPhone and iPad. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Alexa app but it dosnt help.
Also, it's only with switches that this is happening. I can edit lights, locks, cameras etc. that are added as lights, locks, cameras etc. but switches, and already added switches gives a blank page.

I have e-mailed Amazon but then it hit me that it might be something that has change with the 2.2.6 update?

1 Like

I don't think it is a recent HE (2.2.6) update causing this. I've had the same issue for several months with the Android app, but never pursued a remedy. I honestly forgot about it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Didn’t think it was an HE issue.
I will report back here when/if Amazon get back to me.

1 Like

Amazon has not responded and I haven’t found a solution. I have also installed BlueStacks (Windows Android emulator) and tried the Android version, same result. :frowning:

If anyone has any idea what might be wrong, I appreciate suggestions.

Just spent almost two hours with the Amazon chat support. That’s two hours I never get back. :frowning_face:
“Try switch your phone off and on again. Does it work now?” etc…

Can somebody that uses the Alexa Hubitat skill please try to create a virtual switch, add it to the Alexa HE app, open the Alexa app on your phone and see if you can edit the virtual switch (rename, change type etc.)?

This is what happens when I’m trying to edit a switch in the Alexa app…

As you can see, I only have this problem with switches.

Today I tried another way. I installed a Homebridge Alexa plugin and tried a switch that cant be edited via the HE Alexa app.
And you know what… I can edit the switch when going that route.

Going HE -> Homebridge -> Alexa is working but going HE -> Alexa isn’t. I cant of course be sure but to me, this at least indicates that something might be wrong with the HE Alexa app or the skill. Maybe Amazon has change something how switches should be presented. Can someone please look into this @bravenel @bobbyD?