Can't connect to Hubitat C7 (previously mis-labeled C5) (solved)

ugh.... No way to just get it to 1500?

Set it to the smallest possible

2 Likes

no. set at 1518, default has been that way since beginning. TL-SG2008P v2.0

I would also do a soft reset and restore from yesterday's backup to ensure there is no corruption in the DB. Yeah 1518 could be enough to cause issues

1 Like

1518 is smallest it will go.

well thats not good. Looks like Ill have to return hub and move back to smartthings which am not happy with. Really like HE but if it wont work then I guess no choice

Or swap out for a better switch

so the TL-SG2008P v2.0 and v3 are no good? Havent had any issues with them and omada. Everything else including smartthings hub works and HE did as well until last update.

Again, it's not the update. The network stack hasn't been updated in a long time. Personally I wouldn't use switches like that. I prefer cisco or hp procurve. (probably a little much but hey). Mokerlink are also good (and good pricing) Can you plug it directly to your router?

The update has nothing to do with it.

BTW, your 1518 should be ok. Because that means an MTU of 1500 + ethernet header (14 bytes) + CRC (4 bytes).

My guess is that something else is causing the issue - it is not ethernet frame size.

3 Likes

No. I checked the manual. That setting is for ethernet frame size. So 1518 impies an MTU of 1500 bytes. Plus the ethernet header (14 bytes) + the CRC (4 bytes).

Something else is causing the random freezing here - not jumbo packets.

4 Likes

@user3512 when the hub goes offline or whatever we want to call it, are automations still running? If so it really does sound like a networking issue of some sort though as the thread points out not jumbo frames.

Do you have auto-reconnect configured in network settings? That may help. You could also try swapping ethernet cables and ports just in case.

If you suspect it is the last update (which doesn't really sound right but you never know) you can always revert to the previous version.

1 Like

Can you PM me the hub id? I'll take a look at the engineering logs on the hub.

1 Like

We've got your warranty claim and looked at your hub's engineering logs. It appears that that you have one or more custom drivers that are causing issues with your hub's database. I suggest checking your hub's log (assuming you can reach the hub's web interface) to see which custom driver/integration may be causing issues and disable that integration.

If the web interface is not accessible, I recommend performing a Soft Reset (see documentation below), the as soon as the hub comes back online check the logs and disable the misbehaving app or driver.

https://docs2.hubitat.com/en/user-interface/advanced-features/soft-reset

PS I also updated your user account so you can continue to post in the community unrestricted. The "cool down" period for new users is a spam protection. Joining the owners group would bypass the spam protection.

2 Likes

If you'd like to eliminate the guess work if the last update is the problem, have you tried restoring the previous version from Diagnostic Tool? If the problem persists, then is not the update, if the problem goes away, then it might be the update.

Did that and problem corrected. Updated to new update and problem started again.

1 Like

Great! Please stay on previous version until our engineers investigate the problem.

1 Like

One thing I love about hubitat is being able to go back versions. That said, did you by chance install wemo drivers?

1 Like

Yes I did on install of hub. Everything worked fine until last update

From what I see on logs, wemo drivers fine, its the built in amazon app that is in error. Again problems started with last update.