Can't connect Philips Hue Dimmer Switch v2

I just bought three Philips Hue Dimmer Switch v2s, hoping to set them up as secondary controllers for several in-wall dimmer switches (Enbrighten 43080s) I recently installed.

However.. I can't seem to pair the Philips Hue switches to the HE. I've been following these steps:

1. Open the batter panel on the switch and use a paperclip to press the "Setup" button. The switch LED starts flashing orange
  2. Add Device -> Philips Hue -> Button Controller -> Dimmer v2, then Start Pairing

The first time I try this with a new switch, it will quickly locate the switch. The switch LED turns green, then turns off, and the Hubitat page says "found device" and then prompts me to give it a name and location. By the time I've finished doing that, however, the device is back to blinking orange, and no button presses show up in the Hubitat logs.

If I try this process again with a switch that I've already tried it with, the switch LED turns green, but the Hubitat doesn't ever seem to "find" it, and the pairing process simply times out.

Anyone have any advice for me? I saw a thread (Philips hue dimmer switch v2 in Lounge) with a suggestion to pop the battery out for a few seconds, but that hasn't changed anything for me as far as I can tell.

Update: Of course, almost immediately after posting this, I noticed that there was a platform update. I updated to 2.3.4.134 (from 2.3.4.132) and now it seems that everything is working; all three of the Philips Hue switches have connected and remained connected!

Glad you got it working. I usually just tell people do the generic zigbee/z-wave buttons instead of going by product/model

1 Like

I am having this same issue now when adding one on a C8 using 2.3.5.121.

1 Like

Tagging @gopher.ny in case this is new. There are still some devices people have been having trouble joining with the new C-8 hub. The Hue dimmer is a pretty common device, so hopefully they already know about this. I know they have been trying hard to get these issues ironed out. Iā€™m assuming that this is the newer version Hue dimmer; is that correct?

Got this to finally take on current firmware.

I am having this problem on a C8 now with three new V2 switches. I even just added them as plain new Zigbee Devices as well as one I picked form the menu of devices. I factory reset after each attempt. I just migrated yesterday from a C5 to a C8 and my firmware version is 2.3.5.141. Any ideas would be appreciated.

update: I have the issue on a V1 switch as well I just reset it wont come out of pairing mode even if it states paired in the device setup.

I found another thread with a solution that worked. Unorthodox but worked.

Philips hue dimmer switch v2 - :speech_balloon: Lounge - Hubitat