Can't authenticate Ecobee

I just got my C-7 hub today so I'm still learning the basics, but I can't seem to authenticate my Ecobee app. First, when I try authenticate the app, the app won't login if I'm not already logged in to the Ecobee website in my browser; it tells me 'wrong password' if I'm not already logged into the website, but I'm 100% positive I'm using the correct credentials. Then, if I am logged in already, Hubitat will prompt me to accept, but when I do, it just takes me the Ecobee website in a new pop up window - and it's not logged in. Finally, if I go the Ecobee website and check my settings, it says that Hubitat is requesting access to my thermostat, but it requires an authentication code from Hubitat. Does Hubitat provide authentication codes?

Thanks!

Welcome to Hubitat. Sorry you're having issues with ecobee authentication. Your experience isn't unique, and appears to be caused by changes at ecobee's end.

This post describes a couple methods that has helped others get around the authentication issue:

1 Like

Unfortunately that has not solved my issue. Any other suggestions?
Also, I tried emailing Ecobee but I keep getting a 'permission denied' error. Does anyone know the direct email for their support?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.