Can't add one light to Google Home (App)

One of my light no longer works with Google Home. If I add the light back into the app, when I hit save on the app I get this error in the logs:

app:352019-03-16 12:26:31.072 pm warnThe following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Living Room Front]

app:352019-03-16 12:26:15.550 pm infoupdated...

app:352019-03-16 12:24:16.529 pm warnThe following devices are not supported by Google Home and will be removed from your device list:[Living Room Front Light]

app:352019-03-16 12:24:01.910 pm infoupdated...

--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---

I was trying to change the name of the light (which is actually a Hue light so it comes from the Hue hub) just to see if that helped.... This lamp used to work and stopped working a few months ago.

There is absolutely nothing special about this bulb -- it's a Hue color bulb ... one of many I have paired to the Hue Hub and then that integrated with Hubitat. And yet this is the only one that isn't working.

Any ideas?

Don't app the app manually. Add it through Google. In the Google Home app, search for Hubitat and then the Google Home app inside of HE will be added automatically. But you have to start from the Google Home app on your phone. Also, your hub has to use the same email address as your google account.

I have the same problem with my furnace and water heater. They added just fine on ST, but HE gives the same message as you get.

1 Like