Cannot migrate C-7 to C-8 (Solved)

Hi All,

I am trying to migrate from C-7 to C-8, but HE is not cooperating. I get as far as registering my C-8, but migration bombs out with the error message "Incorrect username or password". I can guess what's wrong. My registered email address is Bill@Kraengel.com (case sensitive) and that's the way I've been using it for years. When I try to migrate to C-8, something butts in (Cloudflare?) and changes my email to all lower case and then tries to feed that to HE. Of course HE rejects it because it has no account for bill@kraengel.com.

What am I supposed to do now, create a new account and start over? I could probably ask support to change my account registration to all lower case, but does anyone have different suggestions.

I had a similar problem with both my C-8 migrations. I was able to go past that point and bring the new hub up. Once it was up, I went to the Subscriptions tab where it (again) asked for my username (e-mail) and password. When entering it there it worked and I was able to continue the migration. I didn't notice if the upper to lower case conversion was the problem but I do have upper case characters in my username so it's possible.

You are correct. Grandfathered in accounts using upper case letters are not able to restore cloud backups. Send me a pm and will help you fix the problem.

By the way, you might want to remove your email from the public post.

2 Likes

Thank you, but how did you get past that point? I have not seen any way to proceed.

I believe there was a link to continue without registering (at that point). I distinctly remember it because I reported it to Hubitat. Bobby's message above is the first confirmation I have seen of the issue. I was able to continue and migrate. I have not (as of yet) changed my username and it doesn't appear to have caused a problem (yet). I suppose I need to change this.

1 Like

Hi Bobby. What's a "pm"?

Private (or personal) message.

Hi Bobby. Where do I send it?

Click on your initial, top right, then the envelope (message) icon. Click on the down arrow to take you to the messaging section. Then click "New Message".

I have to remove your account so you can create one under the new requirements.

See this post on how to send a private message:How do you send a private message (PM) in the community? - #3 by bobbyD

1 Like

Thank you. Best solution. Go ahead.

Thank you all. Everything seems to be working now.

2 Likes

And there was much rejoicing.

3 Likes

So the case is, the case was the issue

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.