Cannot connect to hub on 10.x IP

I have a 10.0.0.20 IP address on my hub but cannot connect to it.

@user5989 can you please re-state the issue you’re having in more detail? Sounds like a network-related problem. Thanks.

2 Likes

Please check this post for some tips and info that should be provided with your question:
-- ‼ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help

Also, unless you have the EXACT same setup as someone in the other post you originally replied to, we would need to know much more information about your network (see the post I linked above for what info is needed).

3 Likes

Hubitat works fine on 10.x addressing. That’s how mine is set up (10.0.0.0/23, actually, so it also works on networks with more than 255 addresses).

I'm new to Hubitat and just unboxed my C8. When searching for the hub, it comes up with an IP address of 10.0.0.20 and says "connect to hub" but when trying to connect is says it This site can’t be reached 10.0.0.20 took too long to respond.

Hub light is green
Windows PC: Work issued Windows 10 Pro
Starlink connected to a Netgear Nighthawk router

I have tried to unplug from the router as well as powering down and powering back up. Any idea why I'm getting this 10.0.0.20 IP address?

I have merged your new post with the existing topic that was already created from your original post.

From this post: ‼ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help

Answer these questions to the best of your ability.

All Hub Issues

• Model of Hub
  • Platform/firmware on hub

Connection / Goes Offline

• How is it connected to the LAN?
    • Ethernet / Wifi
    • Static IP set on Hub or DHCP
    • DHCP Reservation set on Router/Server?
  • How is Hub being powered? Supplied power block or other (explain)
  • Brief explanation of network topology.

Also, what IP do you expect it to have? What is the DHCP range of your network?
Does the Starlink system have any sort of built in router or is just a modem?

2 Likes

See answers below

• How is it connected to the LAN? Ethernet
  • Static IP set on Hub or DHCP - Can't do any because I haven't done the first time setup.
  • DHCP Reservation set on Router/Server? No
  • How is Hub being powered? Supplied power block
  • Brief explanation of network topology - Starlink to Netgear Router (Nighthawk)
1 Like

:point_up:

We need answers to these questions too in order to understand how your network at home is setup.

3 Likes

if you open a web browser on your pc, can you get to hubitat.local ?

I got an old mac up and running ot find out if it was a firewall issue from my work laptop. Come to find out that's the problem. Thanks all for the help! I'm able to get into the hub now on this mac.

1 Like