Cancel Pending Actions when Required Expression Becomes False question

@bravenel ,
Does Cancel Pending Actions when Required Expression Becomes False also cancel ongoing 'Fade dimmer over time' and 'Change color temperature over time'?

During the day (global hvLrLightMode = 'Automatic') the Color temperature changes and is tracked by global hvLrCT.

When hvLightMode changes to something other than 'Automatic' will the Change color temperature be cancelled?

This makes sense from a programming point of view. Instead of finding and maintaining everywhere global hvLightMode is changed away from 'Automatic' and this rule's actions needs to be cancelled it can be done once here.

I rewrote this rule from 5.0. As a 5.1 rule an error is thrown.

I will look into this. Are you on release 2.3.1?

This will be fixed in the upcoming 2.3.2 release. An interim workaround is to have it also fade the level of the bulb, even if not really changing it:

The absence of the setting for that level is what causes the error, until the fix is released.

1 Like

Hub version 2.3.1. Thanks for to quick response. Would you like to comment on the original question that prompted the error :grin:

Yes, those would be cancelled.

1 Like

@bravenel

This sneaky bug has crawled back.

Setting the fade vale makes the error go away. Some bugs just refuse to die easily

What browser are you using?

That bug was fixed: the fix was to make the number entry a required input. In other words, the UI should not allow you to leave that page without providing the value. However, I just discovered that the UI is not enforcing the requirement. We are looking into it.

If you don't want to set a value, don't turn on the option to set one!

This will be fixed, again...

2 Likes

I am using the option 'Fade level with Temperature?' OFF. Therefore the UI should not be enforcing a value. However you are right, with that option ON the UI should enforce a value but is not and is allowing a null value. My issue is that the code is failing on a null coming from the option turned off.

I am using. Chrome and sometimes MS Edge Canary. Both are acting the same.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

OK, there is also a different bug than what I thought you were talking about, as well as the null input bug. Both will be fixed.

2 Likes