Can we access these commands in any of the apps. I can't see them in Rule Machine, Simple Automation Rules and Basic Rules?

Can we access these commands in any of the apps. I can't see them in Rule Machine, Simple Automation Rules and Basic Rules. Is there a way we could add them in any of this rules in the future. I want to set siren type, siren length in a push of a virtual button or if a motion detected or my HSM is Arm- Away, I set a rule to change those parameters. I was planning to use this siren as doorbell and if my HSM is arm it becomes a HSM siren by changing the siren type and Length.

In Rule Machine, they will be available as a "Custom Action" (hopefully I recalled the name correctly.) I am not sure if @bravenel has added the "Custom Action" feature to any of the other built-in Hubitat Apps.

2 Likes

The most common setup is that a driver implement the "Actuator" capability, which will make then available under what @ogiewon talks about with the Custom Action action. Can't be sure about other rules-type apps apart from RM....

I understand the RM can't cover all capabilities, I was just giving good feedback you could take action and know that there are new product like this siren that is not supported as an actuator.

What is the siren driver you are referring to? Is it a driver that Hubitat develop / support or a custom one provided by the Community? Apologies if I have missed a reference to it somewhere in your post...

I already manage to get the parameter as custom action. the siren has temperature and humidity parameters. I declare it as temperature rather than actuator. all good now. I could send command now as per my requirements.
Again. thanks for the help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.