Can this be done with RM?

I have a weird rule machine question to see if this is even doable?

I have a recessed door switch on my master closet door. The master closet has a dimmable switch and dimmable LED light.

I have a rule that turns the closet light on when the door is opened and it turns the closet light off if the door is closed or if the door is left open for 20 minutes (in case my wife didn't shut it all the way :)) This rule works as intended very well.

Here is the part I can't figure out. Taking that same rule logic, can I dim the closet light to say 20% when the closet door is opened only between the hours of say 11:00pm to 7:00 am? Outside of those times, it would be full brightness.

The reason for the weird request is that I work for the railroad and when I get called to work for 3:00am, I would like the light to not be full brightness while I am getting ready as to not disturb the wife too much.

I'm figuring maybe two separate rules?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott

You could do it with 2 rules or use set dimmers per mode.

I didn't think about modes. Seems like the simpler alternative.

Are there predefined modes, as in you can adjust the times in each? I know when I go to Settings, there is a Location and Mode setting, but doesn't appear to be any times related to each.

Or am I going to have to define them somewhere else?

Thanks. I am just getting my feet wet with HE and I'm loving all of this!

Scott

Never mind. I think I found it in Mode Manager in the Apps section. I will play around with it a little bit.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.