Can RM 'Click'?

I have a couple of tiles that show and image from my Blue Iris. When I click the tile it shows the image full screen, when clicked again it goes back to a tile..
Question, I want a rule that when activated it will click the tile, or is there another way to activate the full screen image?

I could be wrong, but I don't think this is possible. Perhaps someone with experience with CSS can figure out a workaround? Tagging @sburke781

1 Like

What kind of device are you using to display the dashboard, is it predominantly a single tablet, or you want this option on multiple devices?

It's on a PC, I'm using a 'local endpoint' to trigger RM to speak on my Google speakers when Blue Iris detects motion.
Do you happen to know if RM can use the same video path (that I use in the tile) and display it directly full screen?
Thx
Jim
FYI Just really this one PC is the only one I want to display it on.

Hmmm... I might need to think about it a bit more then (after work :slightly_smiling_face:). Hopefully someone else might chime in sooner.

2 Likes

Just thought it may be worth clarifying at least my own understanding, and I could be slightly off with this, but CSS is predominantly formatting related, with controls like @Culmac is asking about being more the domain of Javascript. Not that I haven't produced any of that over the last few years.... :slight_smile:

In terms of Javascript, nothing springs to mind that would be easy, but I'm no expert, just a hacker enthusiast by night :-). The simpler option may be to look at options outside of the dashboard.

I am assuming by this you mean a Windows PC. If you are interested in something like EventGhost being setup on the PC, then you may have some options. I was able to get a URL to open in my default browser using a small Python script, which, using the PC Controller Community driver you could do this from HE. The thing I am unsure about would be how to close the browser tab reliably. There may be some options, but probably best to gauge your appetite for EventGhost first.

2 Likes

Thanks for giving it some thought, definitely a brain teaser. Seemed simple at first but no so.
I will explore some of your ideas.
Thanks
Jim

1 Like