Can my hubitat hub work without being connected to router

:point_up: this. If the reason is, “I have no internet where the hub will be installed,” that’s one thing.

But if it’s a concern re: security/privacy then disconnecting the Ethernet port isn’t, IMO, worth the other problems it creates that will require workarounds.

Btw @johnjoe_30 you still haven’t really explained/confirmed what your reasoning is :slightly_smiling_face: :thinking:.

1 Like

Its about learning for me! Its a new product to me and I'm trying to learn the functionality of the Hubitat hub.
The smartthings hub was easier to understand because the user interface was made more simple. Hubitat Elevation Hub interface is harder for someone like me to understand and use, but not for someone from IT, Coding or networking backgrounds.
My background is construction and therefore my knowledge and abilities are some what less than a lot of you guys on here. But I want to learn how this hub works and learn how to put it to good use.
My opinion is its a brilliant bit of kit.
It is just taking me time to get my head around a more advanced system and user experience than the samsung smartthings hub.

Thanks for clarifying. FWIW, I have absolutely no background in IT either. It can take a lot of reading up on unfamiliar topics, and asking questions of the incredibly helpful Hubitat community, but most things are do-able with some perseverance. There is a wide diversity of backgrounds here, be it professional, geographic, ethnic or religious, which is one of this community's great strengths.

1 Like

I think that is what has caught me off guard a bit, is the fact I need to put more time and effort into learning this hub.
I'm not here to pick fault or critise, quite the contrary.
The men and women who came up with this concept and take it to market should stand up and take some applause

1 Like

For me the learning curve wasn't as steep, since I had been using a ST hub for ~3 years before I switched over. But many of the very skilled and knowledgeable people I initially learned from in the ST forum are here now, along with many others that came from other platforms. Keep asking questions, being mindful of the diversity of backgrounds here, there's always someone here willing to help, and I don't think you'll regret your choice to move from ST to Hubitat (I certainly haven't!).

:v: