Can MakerAPI do a post to control device?

Long story short I am using a tool called uptime Kuma. When uptime kuma detects something is down it has the option to send a notifcation or it can do a webhook. But the webhook is POST only. I know how setup makerAPI to do a get to change a device but I am not sure how to do a POST. Is that possible?

I am pretty sure that Maker API expects a http GET, not a POST. Tagging @mike.maxwell for confirmation.

Current Release of Maker API does not support POST for setting a device. However, this is easy to add as an option, so we will do that for the next release. It will basically act just like a GET, where all of the information is in the URL, and the Request Body is ignored.

7 Likes

Nice, lots of people use Uptime Kuma (including me). Not sure what I would do with the info exactly but I am sure some people will have a use for it.

Not sure if it would make even more sense to add it to RM as a trigger endpoint? I think you can already make a GET endpoint, could you do a POST endpoint instead? I have not really used it before but have seen people talking about it on here.

1 Like

RM already allows POST to its endpoints.

2 Likes

Ok perfect, that is probably the only solution that OP needs in this case!
I tried searching around if you could POST to RM but could not find anything. Did not actually try setting it up myself though to see it in RM.

1 Like

Me neither. I just went to look at the code, and saw that it's already there -- has been for a long time.

Just tested it... Works as expected. That is, I tested POST to an RM trigger endpoint.

4 Likes

@mjruotolo

Looks like you could just create a Rule Machine and use a Local (or cloud) endpoint as the trigger.
It should work for a GET or POST request.

It will look like this and the URL is in the link provided when editing the trigger

I may test this out in Uptime Kuma later today just for fun.

Then you can do anything you want in the rule, turn on a device, flash some lights, whatever...

Thanks for the idea. I personly don't use rule machine at all. I use webcore.

Oh well I did see some posts hinting that you can also create POSTable endpoints with webcore as well I think. Unless they were talking about sending POST requests out from webcore, was not totally sure.