Can I display device children in the main device list?

I have a Zooz double plug w/two children, and would like the children to appear on the main device list, so they are "in place" w/like devices, rather than listed only under the Zooz plug.

Is that possible?

1 Like

I have devices using custom drivers - with a parent/child relationship. The children display is the Devices list, directly under their parent device (indented to show the hierarchy). Don't recall having to do anything special for this...

Thanks.

I have that, that's the normal display.

What I'd like to do is have the child devices appear in the main device list on their own - emancipated, if you will, from their parent.

1 Like

First you will have to get a good lawyer to convince the judge (the piano light), that the child devices are truly able to operate on their own....

Ok, sorry lame joke couldn’t help myself,

Out of curiosity why do you want them listed separately? (I have no idea if it’s possible)

1 Like

I prefer Shakespeare's approach..."First, kill all the lawyers..." :wink:

When I'm scanning down my list of devices looking for the two child plugs (one is connected to my entertainment center lights, the other to my doggy cam) I naturally look for them in the "E" and "D" area of the device list. Then I remember they are under the parent Zooz plug and have to go look there. Just would like the two children to show up in the list of devices in normal alpha order, not sequestered under the Zooz parent. Damn helicopter zooz parent... :wink:

2 Likes

I second this!

Jost (sometimes lost in searching a device)