Can I change the RA2 telnet username/password to lutron/lutron?

Hi folks, I have a Radio RA2 system. The password for my Main Repeater is lutron/lutron, not lutron/integration. I have verified this by telneting to the device. I couldn't find anywhere in the documentation a way to modify this, so was wondering if there was a way to do it. If not, I'd have to call folks to come out and change the programming, which is more than the cost of the Hubitat!

Thanks!
-Mark

It appears that you can only delete the default and add a new one, though I'm definitely not 100% certain on that:

1 Like

Hubitat requires lutron/integration. You can have multiple login/password combinations. You can add it to in the Essentials/Inclusive software as shown above.

And just to confirm, only a certified Lutron installer can run that software, correct? Or, is this something I can download and use?

It depends… yes, you can take an online training class for free and gain access to the basic level of RA2 software for free. However, without the original project file, you might have to start over from scratch. Also, if the system was configured with the more advanced level of programming software, you would need to also take the higher level training.

Thus, it would be much simpler to have your Lutron integrator simply change the password. If possible, ask them to supply you with a copy of the RA2 project file.

1 Like

All RadioRA 2 (&3) training is now free (in money). Essentials gives you access to a single main repeater (up to 95 devices). Inclusive gives you access to a 2nd main repeater and an additional 95 devices. Inclusive also gives you the ability to extract the programming from a system that you do not have the programming file for. None of the training is difficult for a motivated learner but does require several hours. You need to set up a Lutron account and access the training from their site.
https://www.lutron.com/en-US/Pages/LutronLCIOnline.aspx

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the updated info, @bill.d! I have corrected my earlier post.

1 Like

Ahh - this is great news. I'll take the training. I actually do have the ra2 project files, so perhaps there's a way to get through this after all. Thanks!

3 Likes

Quick Update. I took the training, downloaded the software, and re-programmed myh repeater, and I got my first RA2 dimmer to work! Thank you for the quick response on this. You saved me countless hours of frustration.

Interestingly enough, when I looked at the telnet username/password config, it did have lutron/integration, but it didn't work. Only when I reprogrammed it, did it work again (verified via telnet).

Thanks again - now I can continue exploring!

4 Likes

Awesome for everyone but those of us who paid $500 a couple of years ago. Glad that they went that way though. I imagine that you no longer get the "free" stuff though, (Repeater, tabletop keypad, 2 lamp dimmers, and an appliance plug).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.