Can hubitat scale to a lot of devices?

Lutron Connect doesn't have Integration Report.

See this document: https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocumentLibrary/HWQS%20RS-232%20Ethernet%20Integration.pdf

Thanks for the quick turn on this!

Sorry if I am missing something (I'm new to hubitat!). If it's not the Lutron connect app, which app is being referred to in the documentation about the Lutron integration?

Lutron Homeworks QS software.

Are you talking about the designer program that runs on Windows? I actually have access to that, and can program the system, run reports etc... But the integration report that is the option in the designer program is not at all in the same format as what is listed in the hubitat documentation.

It's a very pretty formatted report in a table 51 pages long and looks like this:

I can save it as a PDF, but not sure how to try and import that into hubitat.

You're going to have to type the parts of it that you want in Hubitat in by hand.

In the Lutron Integration app, select 'Use configuration list instead of interactive setup'.

Then you will see a guide for how to put each entry in to that list, as comma separated list with no spaces except in names. There is a code for each type of device. Give each device a name -- it doesn't have to be the long name in Lutron, just one that makes sense to you for Hubitat.

For example:

k,10,Catherine's Office

That's for a keypad device. Here are the codes...

Ugh... This is totally unappetizing... What app is the one mentioned in the documentation that outputs things in the same format the integration is asking for?

The homeseer plugin does all this parsing an import by itself. Any chance the integration could do this parsing through it's telnet session like the homeseer plugin does? It would make the hubitat integration much easier for everyone...

This simply has not been a priority. This is a one time task. There are different formats for integration reports for different Lutron systems, and there are decisions that need to be made as well, that pretty much require device by device attention.

Ok, I understand. It would be good if the documentation made it clear which app is being discussed to avoid confusion...

4 Likes

The screenshots are from the Caseta app. Probably because the bulk of Lutron integrations are Caseta. However, your point is valid and remains.

3 Likes

Thanks. I don't think there is a separate Caseta app anymore, at least on android. There is the Lutron app, and for RA2 and QS at least, it looks like it send you to the connect app I am using, so RA2 users may be in the same place.

Has anyone tried this lately? I am wondering if Lutron doesn't support the integration report function anymore on their apps.

My Caseta using the Lutron app has the integration report. Just did an integration report a couple days ago. You are going to settings (gear menu), advanced, integration? Mine has the "send integration report" there, I just confirmed it.

3 Likes

This is good news. This is "Lutron" app on Android, not Lutron connect?

The Android app. And the one I use is "Lutron". I don't remember ever using a Caseta specific app.

There are two separate apps: One is for Caséta and RadioRA2 Select; this one displays the integration report, as it is the only means of access to these systems by a user or installer. The other is Lutron Connect for RadioRA2 and Homeworks QS. This one does not show the integration report, as both of these systems use a separate Windows app to configure these systems, and that is where the integration report is to be found.

There are also some other more advanced means of accessing the integration IDs on Homeworks QS (and possible RA2), but I am not familiar with these.

2 Likes

Thanks again for the clarification. It would be good to update the documentation for the integration to clarify the question on integration support for Caseta vs RS2 and QS, etc...

The hub docs do make it pretty clear the Lutron integrator app can work with the Caseta pro bridge, RadioRA 2, and RA2 Select. although not Homeworks QS.

And the step by step instructions do assume the user is using the caseta mobile app (which happens to be the same app as RA2 Select).

That’s probably because there are way more caseta users than RadioRA2/RA2 Select, and Homeworks is the least common of all (though it’s a pretty awesome system from what I’ve heard :slight_smile:).

The key is where to access the integration report for Telnet on each Lutron platform.

The hub docs are a wiki, you could propose edits to help add more specific info to the page on the Lutron Integrator app.

1 Like

Actually, I think Radio RA2 does NOT work to extract the integration info. Just select.

I may end up going down the Home assistant route instead, as it does have full QS and RA2 integration, without automatic device generation by default. I doubt I'll actually use almost any of the lighting or button controls, but it's so nice to be able to see them all and then easy add an automation when you have an idea without having to go back and search the report and get the ID's etc...

thanks!

The RadioRA 2 integration report is in the essentials pc software.

Lutron has their reasons for making their product lines the way they do :man_shrugging:.