Can Hubitat intergrate with Apple’s find my

depressing - i get the same using an app-specific password (which i had assumed would be the fix...)

I am running a Mac as a Bluebubbles server and I just noticed that Bluebubbles can fetch the FindMy information from the Mac server and reports all the locations. Can I somehow feed these FindMy data to hubitat to work as presence sensor?

Hi, I am not technical at all, I only know to follow step by step instruction but I managed to use curl on a pi to GET all the devices' locations thru bluebubbles REST API. Can someone help me with what I can do to parse the data to get the information of each device and implement it on Hubitat using the device driver?

Short answer is that this driver can’t use that source for input. Slightly longer answer is that BlueBubbles looks to be returning JSON data, so a driver could be written to make the same HTTP calls that you’re doing with curl and parse the return.

Thanks, I hope this will generate some interests out there so someone with the technical knowledge will pick up the project. :slight_smile:

From what I read you need a Mac for this to work? Otherwise I would be interested.

I don't use it any more, but by default OwnTracks pushes location data into Hubitat.

1 Like

Looks interesting to me too. They do mention in the docs you can run it in a VM.

Yes, Mac is required. I think basically it works by fetching the cache from the FindMy app running on the Mac to report location. The doc mentions running VM, also any mac mini (after 2011?) would work, so I heard a lot of users got one cheap from ebay and went that route.