Can anyone recommend a good Hubitat-friendly RGBW recessed retrofit light?

My overhead lights are currently this style of retrofit, but just dumb white LEDs:

I'd like to find something in the same format, but with full RGBW control that works well with Hubitat. (I have Sengled screw-in bulbs in other places and they seem pretty good, but sadly they do not seem to make this kind of light too.)

Before I just buy something on Amazon and cross my fingers... has anyone found such a product they'll vouch for?

Gledopto does something similar. You can find them on AliExpress.

I’ve had good luck with the Sylvania (not Osram) recessed rgbw lights. The color richness is much better in the recessed lights than the bulbs. I have 16 of them and have never had an issue, unlike the bulbs which I wouldn’t recommend. Hue also makes an rgbw recessed light.

2 Likes

@Horseflesh

Just don't use them with smart swtches/dimmer unless they have a smart bulb mode (like innovelli)

2 Likes

Or Zooz. I’m liking the functionality of the Zen77s in smart bulb mode.

2 Likes

I haven't seen the zooz, I'm just finding the speed and color accuracy of the lifx to be excellent. (Much better than the hue, sengled, and generic bulbs anyway). Sadly they don't make an integrated unit like above.