Calibrate Shaders

Hello. I have installed a Fibaro wave for controlling shaders, FG-222, no one of drivers worked on them, but if I used the Generic Shader driver it works perfect, but I don't know how to calibrate the shaders. When it's 100% open shows in the dashboard 88%. How can I solve this issue

Thanks

It's a while since I used the Fibaro units for shades (or in my case curtains). I ditched the 222's (Roller Shutter 2) as they are Z Wave and not Z Wave plus - that meant when I used the manual switches for them, they would not update their position without being manually polled. The 223's (Roller Shutter 3) are Z Wave plus but I couldn't get them to calibrate successfully with my motors and had to replace them with the Qubino equivalent (Flush Shutter)

I think you have to carry out the calibration using the B button on the unit directly. Assuming your shade has stops, the calibration option should do a close - open - close to work out where 0 and 99 are.

I did it. I open closed open manually, but nothing happened. Even the status didn't change on dashboard

If you open, close, open manually that is not a calibration. If it's the Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 module (FGR-222) there's a means to calibrate it using the button on the module itself and it's detailed in the instructions (option D):

"Even the status didn't change on the dashboard". As I mentioned, that device is Z Wave - not Z Wave Plus. If you open and close it manually the device will not send its position to the hub. After moving it manually you would need to do a 'refresh' on the device page or 'poll' it to update the status. That's the reason I ditched those units; I use automation, the dashboard and the wall switches and the Z Wave Plus versions ensure that the position is kept up to date.

1 Like

You need to install the built in poller app...

It's only for dimmers and switches, it doesn't appear the Generic Shader Driver

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.