C8 Zigbee Radio Turning Off/On Multiple Times a Day

Never would have caught this issue on my hub had I not found this post. Anyhooo, the last on/off cycling I had occurred Apr 7th the day before I updated to 2.3.5.123. Haven't seen it happening since. Currently on 2.3.5.125

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::+1:

1 Like

Wish I could say the same. In the space of 7 minutes yesterday mine went on and off 3 times.

Basically resulted in none of my lights, automations etc working for a good 10 minutes or so.

Are you running 126?

No. Haven’t seen the update pop up on my hub (at least as of this morning) when I checked. Will check again tonight when I get home.

I was having 4 or 5 ZB radio resets per day until I did the following 2 things. Not sure which actually solved the problem. First, I removed 6 V1 motion sensors and 6 V1 smart plugs. I still have 56 ZB items connected. Then I shut down and removed power from my C8 and rebooted. No radio resets in 2 days now.

I also have the radio power set at 8. The remaining devices I have still active include a mix of V1 motion sensors, smart plugs, contact sensors, and smart buttons.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell Updated to .126 about an hour ago. The zigbee radio has gone offline/online twice already since then. Doesn't look like .126 helped.

Is there a .126 release.
Checked in settings but stating no upgrade.

It's a beta release, so not generally available to everyone yet.

1 Like

I generally see an 8 second zigbee outage hours after a system startup.

1 Like

Dumb question, have you factory reset the devices themselves?

So I can add devices now.
There's really no good explanation I have as to why everything was jammed up.
Might be the final nail in the coffin to switch everything over to Home Assistant...

2 Likes

Did you tried to change Zigbee channel? You have possibility to select from 11 to 26, maybe something is indeed jamming frequency that is selected.

I ran up a Wi-Fi analyser on the old MacBook and spread the four hubs across 2 x c7 and 2 x c8 around to where the weakest signals were. This ended up as 12, 14, 16. and 24.
The Wi-Fi noise from neighbours etc in between these chaps was messy.
I reset all devices before re-pairing them and reset the radios.
Been solid for over a week. :joy: again probably kiss of death.

3 Likes

Yea finding a time when the family isn't using wifi is tough lol.
I want to have my AP's scan and pick the best channel first as they're honestly more important, then work around that.

May have spoke too soon. Although the radio has been stable for 4 days, it did two resets within 3 minutes 16 hours ago, but none since. Checked the logs and nothing indicates any issue prior.

1 Like

My zigbee radio hiccups continue. This is making my devices very unreliable. I have to reset, repair, or power off/on lots of zigbee devices everytime this happens. I have plenty of airflow around my C8 so it can't be overheating, and I'm not getting low memory warnings anymore. Something has to be fixed here. Any updates from the Hubitat team would be greatly appreciated.

They are actively working on it and testing out some more possible fixes in beta testing.

3 Likes

True...as in testing as we speak. The less you see of HE staff here, the more long days/evenings & weekend hours they are burning on these issues. I'm also subject to the offline/online events and their unfortunate affects, and am diligently putting my mesh/WAF on the line to do the testing. I've been putting in some extra time on my yard and home to-do list so luckily I have some extra credits to burn w/the wife.

And just in case, I've forged a note from @scoob8000 apologizing to me for causing all the problems w/my Hubitat, and will give that to my wife if necessary.
Sorry, 'Scoob. :wink:

5 Likes

Except @gopher.ny He's in the corner curled up with a bottle of vodka :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes