C8 Zigbee Pairing Problem

Did you upgrade to the latest platform on both hubs BEFORE doing the migration? .103 needs to be installed before migrating. If you weren't on that, update your old hub to .103 (and the new c8) then re run the migration.

1 Like

I assume you're on the latest 103 firmware?

Yeah, I discovered this same issue early this past week... Not knowing if it was a failing radio on my C7 or a firmware issue, I decided to roll the dice & do the C8 migration Friday night (migration went smoothly overall).

I let zigbee settle in overnight, then updated to 103 Sat morning and tried to do some zigbee pairs (I had 2 latest-gen Hue bulbs to pair direct)...

I first tried a spare Centralite plug as an easy "known entity" test, and that went great -- all as-advertised. I did 1 Hue bulb, and that also went pretty smooth. But the second Hue bulb was sketchier -- it took a few tries, but eventually it paired too.

I do think there's something amiss in the Hubitat's firmware though -- there have been a few posts this past week in the community here all related to similar zigbee join/pairing issues.

I don't know if v103 was the silver bullet or I just somehow got lucky with those pairings yesterday, but finagling that last Hue bulb didn't inspire confidence -- I'm glad I don't have any more pairings to do in the near future!

3 Likes

I think there is something weird with the C8. I can pair the device over and over with ease on the C5. I’m on 103 and the hub had settled down so I thought it was safe. The devices are just some ST contact sensors and motions.

@gopher.ny

2 Likes

I think @bobbyd is tracking these issues.

3 Likes

It's an odd duck... I first noticed the issue this week on my C7 and firmware 101 (I think - maybe it was the f/w before that one).

On Monday, I tried some of my spare stuff that I know should work fine -- bulbs (Innr, Hue) and plugs (Centralite, Innr 224s, Sengled NB-7). Most attempts wouldn't pair at all, but once in a while, something would pair as a plain DEVICE but would then very quickly drop offline and go unresponsive.

But I hadn't tried pairing anything for a long time prior to that, so I don't have any idea when this all starting happening.

ETA - I didn't report the issue to HE staff on Monday since I unconvincingly talked myself into my C7 ZB radio going bad, and then the C8 was announced on Tues so I decided to wait for that... And I did get the parings successfully done yesterday with my C8, but the process didn't inspire much confidence.

1 Like

Can’t configure SoNoff S40 Lite on C8 hub. It pairs as “device” and I change it to “Generic Zigbee Outlet” and then configure. It never completes.
On C7 it works fine. Here is C7 log:

2023-03-09 10:53:40.180 AM[warn] finished options testing...
2023-03-09 10:53:40.049 AM[warn] starting options testing...
2023-03-09 10:53:32.000 AM[warn] running configure in 5 seconds...
2023-03-09 10:52:43.746 AM[info] fingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,FC57,FCA0", outClusters:"0019", model:"S40LITE", manufacturer:"SONOFF"
2023-03-09 10:52:43.651 AM[trace] ZCL version:03
2023-03-09 10:52:43.646 AM[trace] Software Build Id:1.1.0
2023-03-09 10:52:43.644 AM[trace] Model:S40LITE
2023-03-09 10:52:43.638 AM[trace] Manufacturer:SONOFF
2023-03-09 10:52:43.468 AM[debug] getting info for unknown Zigbee device...
2023-03-09 10:52:33.384 AM[debug] getting device info in 10 seconds...

C8 stops after “starting options testing…”

Any suggestions? Both hubs on version 105.

Tom

the fingerprint needs to be added to the generic zigbee outlet driver, i'll get this added.

Any idea why C7 configures it fine and C8 never completes?

Tom

1 Like

Zigbee pairing still isn’t working. It never completes. I’m trying contact, motion, and moistures sensor. They pair fine on the C5, but the C8 fails.

I have several Ecolink Zigbee contact sensors that pair perfectly. So it is not ALL Zigbee devices.

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 01
  • manufacturer: Ecolink
  • model: 4655BC0-R
    Tom

Good point, but it’s a lot of what I have unfortunately.

Folks - dont know if you've seen this

Thanks, message sent.

1 Like

If it's ALL devices you might try a reboot of the zigbee radio.

Not all, just 99%. Reboot doesn’t fix the defect in the C8.

Zigbee is much better on Version 109
I can now pair all of my Zigbee devices
If I am patient, they match with the proper driver and I just configure or initialize as appropriate.
If I rush things and don’t let the pairing complete, I get “Device” driver matches and I have to manually match the device with the correct driver.

So far they are hanging in there.
I have several Aqara contact sensors linking thru Sonoff outlet devices as repeaters.

Tom

3 Likes

Is there any progress being made on fixing the C8 so the Centrlite 4257050-RZHAC cube outlet can be paired?

You can join the beta and see if the current beta fixes it.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue pairing aqara motion sensors is it fixed or is there a workaround?

You need the Aqara hub it you want their non-standard devices to work reliably with HE.