C8 - Test to Production

I am an old IT guy and my past 20+ years experience taught me never rush testing a new product. This migration feels different. Once I restored the C7 backup to the C8 and rebooted everything just worked. I had planned to keep my C7 intact for a while in case a major C8 issue forced me to start up the old hub. Today I am feeling very confident and think I'll reset my C7 and use it for unknown (atm). To accomplish this I understand that I must:

• Shutdown my C8
  • Boot up the old C7
  • Turn off the Zwave and Zigbee
  • Do a soft reset
  • Reboot/Restart

At this point I can restart my C8 and use my C7 for things unknown. Did I miss anything?

1 Like

You need to RESET the Zigbee and Z-Wave radios. Also, make sure the Zigbee radios on the C7 and C8 are using different channels.

5 Likes

Reserving the right to complain about any minor issue you encounter, even if it is your fault... This is an important caveat to declare before any left-of-field activity (do I need to find a tongue-in-cheek emoji?...)

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: I assumed this goes without saying :joy:

2 Likes

As long as we have the legal eagles covered... :wink:

Probably not needed, just leave it up.
As long as you get in and reset the radios (and change the zigbee channel) on old hub within a reasonable amount of time no harm will be done.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.