C8 Pro not running a rule the same as C8

I have a rule controlling outdoor lights. Lately I've been having to turn off one of my outdoor bulbs manually and I thought it was a Zwave issue but after looking at logs it seems like the C8 Pro never sent a command to turn it off.
Screenshot shows the rule is supposed to turn off the bulbs at 6:01AM.
Next screenshot shows logs at 6:01AM, Front Pole LED was never triggered, the others are. How to explain this?

Maybe it's not as it seems.... When I manually turned "front pole led" off just now, there was no entry in the log. There is also no switch to enable info logging on this driver (Inovelli Bulb Multi-Color LZW42), only Debug logging.

So perhaps it was a ZWave issue?

turn on debug logging for both the rule and the bulb. Then run the rule manually from the rule page. Keep a live log open in another window.

So I did what you suggested, I can only turn the lights on by manually activating this rule because no matter what the rule waits for sunrise to turn them back off. I think this was a zwave hiccup and my interpretation of the logs was incorrect. But it is odd that the Inovelli bulb driver doesn't have info logging. I'll see how it goes tomorrow morning, thanks.

One option - pretty easy to make quick changes in the rule to test it now.

In the past when troubleshooting rules that are dependent on specific times, I've added simple 30s "Wait" statements next to the time of day based lines, and then disable the time of day lines by clicking on the little box under the "X" column for them.

Then you can use Run Actions and your rule will run using two 30s waits to quickly simulate how your rule will behave. I don't just disable the time of day statements to avoid hitting the device w/immediate do this/do that commands.

1 Like

Sometimes if a rule worked before, and now it doesn't (and I've tested my joined devices and they are working correctly), then the fastest thing to do is just delete the rule and recreate it. I note that that rule pictured above is pretty simple and could be rebuilt in a minute or so. Worth trying.

Also, I would double-check that the time and zone is correct on your hub.

Edit the rule then click done.