C8-Pro Migrated Zigbee Devices Not Responding

Hi,

I migrated from a C5 to a C8 Pro a couple of weeks ago and have noticed that some of my Zigbee mains-powered devices seem to be sluggish to respond to don't respond at all.

My motion sensors are responding fine (automations that bring LAN connected lights work immediately, but anything connected with a smart plug doesn't appear to work). This doesn't seem specific to a particular brand of Zigbee switch (Samotec Zigbee Switches, SmartThings Outlets v2 and v3's and Tuya's TS011F).

The Zigbee network worked fine on the old C5 hub and the C8 pro is located in the same position.

Below are some screenshots of my Zigbee settings page and Zigbee Mesh:

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Best wishes,
Guy

I see that the Hive Receiver device has a very high number of messages, this might affect the network performance.

Check the Zigbee logs and see what happens when you flip a switch or when motion is triggered. Look for entries with clusterId:0006 (the On/Off Zigbee cluster).

Thanks, I did notice the Hive Receiver seems very chatty - although if it was causing the Zigbee network to become saturated would it be right to assume the motion sensors running the Zigbee > LAN automations would be laggy too?

I've captured some of the Zigbee logs below:

Best wishes,
Guy

Changing the Zigbee Channel from 20 to 15 seems to have resolved the issue (perhaps my neighbour has got a Zigbee hub on the same channel…)

2 Likes

Was having the same issue and this solution solved it as well! Thanks!

1 Like