C8-Pro hub locking up during backup

C8-Pro.

First lockup was after updating to 2.3.8.128.

Two total lockups on 2.3.8.128.

Upgraded to 2.3.8.134. One lockup so far.

Hub is completely locked up other than recovery UI: :8081 is accessible. Nothing runs. Completely unresponsive.

Happens every time at 03:01 on the dot, which is when the nightly backup is scheduled. Last log entry is a few seconds after 03:01. Then nothing in logs until hub is restarted.

No lockups at any other time. Only at 03:01. Seeing as this time messes up my morning sunrise lightly routines causing people to oversleep, I'm changing it to mid-day.

Cloud backups ARE present, so it seems to complete the backup and upload it, but hub locks up completely during/immediately after backup.

It will help if you PM your hub UID to @gopher.ny and @bcopeland so they can look into your and engineering logs.

This doesn't sound like it's back-up related, but to rule that out, could you please send me a private message along with your hub id so we can check its engineering logs?

1 Like

Multiple times, right at backup time? A whole lot of nothing else going on at 03:01. Canโ€™t imagine how itโ€™s not backup related. Sending UID.

1 Like

Thanks for the PM. Is your hub accessible now? Because the backup ran successfully and the hub has not been rebooted after the task was completed.

Yeah itโ€™s up. I rebooted it this morning after it was locked up again. Itโ€™s not every backup, either. Been 3 total in the last week. All right at 03:01, one this morning at that time.

Any update on this?

Another lockup today:

Last message in logs was at 10:05, which is when I have backups scheduled now:

Previous hub was locking up at 03:01, which is exactly the time I had the backups scheduled for. Changed it so it didn't lock up in the middle of the night on me, so now it's set for 10:05AM and that's when it locked up again.

This is, 110% for sure, caused by the backup somehow. There's just no way it happened a few times at 03:01 and now at 10:05, which are the times I had set for backups, and I've had no lock ups at any other point in time.

Latest lockup on version 2.3.8.134:

I have given up doing auto backups ..
Always had memory leaks or other stuff happen when turned on.
I just do a backup when I make a lot of changes then do a reboot.
this seems to work best for me < have not had a problem since doing this.
I get that this is a stop gap way of doing things, but it works..

Update your hub, the recent release upgraded the database engine. Long story short they think it will fix a lot of the random lockups people were having recently.