C8-Pro and zigbee pairing for Tuya devices problem

@bobbyD , @support_team
I am having a strange issue.
Hub C8-Pro running 2.3.8.139.
I migrated my older C8 hub to this new hub a week ago.
On the C8 hub I had 2 AVATTO thermostats installed. After the migration they both work as expected with no issues.
Now, trying to add 6 new (but similar) AVATTO thermostats to the new C8-Pro hub but the pairing process wont complete (on all 6 devices), meaning, the device is found, I can give it a name and go to the device page but then nothing is responding and there are no more zigbee logs. It's like the device is paired and gets disconnected right away.
The strange thing is that when I try to pair the 6 thermostats to a different C8 hub (non pro version) I am using (used for Z-wave devices) they pair right away. This is strange as I understand there should be no difference between C8 and C8-Pro with regards to zigbee handling.
I would like to ask for help identifing the problem and check wheather this is a generic issue with the Pro version.
Some tech details:
My zigbee network is robust and very stable for years now. The 6 new thermostats are spread around my house so some are very close to the hub (less than 1 meter) and some are 15 meters away,

Pairing info

Zigbee logs while pairing

Device data

I should mention that right after pairing start and if I am quick enough I can send a command to the device from the device page but then the device stops responding and the pairing process does not complete succesfully.

I have some zigbee experiance and thus I already did:

• Shutting down the hub to clear DB possible issues
  • Did a Zigbee radio reboot
  • Multiple pairs one after the other as a possible solution
  • Performing a factory reset on the zigbee device
  • Ran - "Pair while trying to avoid Zigbee 3.0 repeaters"
  • Ran- "Pair while exchanging keys in clear"
  • Changed zigbee channel to 26 from 25 and back

Any help will be appriciated.
Thanks

1 Like

Tagging @kkossev . He's a Tuya Jedi master.

We've already discussed this issue. it has to be looked at by the HE team, as a Zigbee 3.0 device staying connected to the HE hub is not dependent on the driver used.

3 Likes

Having the same issue on a C8-Pro. Migrated devices are flawless, new ones will pair, but never finish initialization and remain dead. C8 and C5 add them fine though.

@amithalp do you have a lot of devices on the Zigbee network? I have 53 with a couple repeaters. Wondering if that is part of this issue?

I have about 50 most of them main powered. My Zigbee network is very stable.
I would not expect this to be the issue as the other c8 hub the devices pairs to has no Zigbee devices at all.

1 Like

What devices fail to pair? Or is it the same with all Zigbee devices?

I bought 2 more Temperature/Humidity sensors, that have identical specs to previously paired devices that fail:

endpointId: 01
application: 46
inClusters: 0001,0003,0402,0405,0000
manufacturer: _TZ3000_dowj6gyi
model: TS0201
outClusters: 0003,0019,000A
softwareBuild:
tuyaVersion: 1.0.6

As well as new 5.8G human presence device. All 3 act the same, they get detected by the hub, they initialize, but after that, fail to configure with no received messages from the devices. They act like if you tried to pair way to far from the hub and it's 1/2 done.

1 Like

I'm not sure what the differences are, but this "eye ball" Tuya motion pairs and operates fine:

application: 44
manufacturer: _TYZB01_jytabjkb
model: TS0202
tuyaVersion: 1.0.4

As does a Samsung Motion sensor:

application: 11
manufacturer: Samjin
model: motion

For reference, here is the identical sensor that was migrated to the C8 Pro and is working flawless:

application: 46
manufacturer: _TZ3000_dowj6gyi
model: TS0201
tuyaVersion: 1.0.6

Please read: C8-Pro - Zigbee full reset - #12 by WarlockWeary

You are not alone. I guess Hubitat needs to look at this… These devices worked before on C8 because you probably migrated them from C5/C7… Once you try to pair them from “scratch” they do t work anymore.

As @kkossev said, this is not related to drivers and looks like it is a device pairing stage that fails before the device is fully paired to HE. Probably a zigbee stack firmware would fix this, but as of now people are “ok” because migrated devices work…

1 Like

This might be true in other cases but my case is different. The devices did pair to the c8 but not to the c8 pro.

I had no luck in both C8 and C8-Pro. Unfortunately. In any case, I hope Hubitat does not throws the towel stating that those devices don’t comply with specs and so on…