C8 Printed Rack Mount

3D printed 1U Rack Mount for my new C8
IMG_7815

6 Likes

Looks great. The one thing that holds me back from putting my hubs (specifically my hue bridge and Lutron pro 2 bridge) in my rack is because of the farrady effect which would be made worse because my rack is in the basement of the house.

Same here for the Hue and a C-7 without the antenna mod. @lewis.heidrick's mount does have holes for the SMA connectors so you can extend the antenna outside the rack.

It's on my to-do list along with one of the magnetic remote antenna mounts to put them on the bottom of the rack (mine is wall mounted).

1 Like

Yeah, sadly I'm not good enough to do antenna work (or even know what kind to do) on my Hue bridge and Lutron Pro 2 bridge

It looks like the Hue switch would be the same as the antenna mod on the C-7. I may take the plunge this weekend and I'll detail out the process if it works. I don't have a Lutron bridge to test.

EDIT: OH! It looks like the Hue already has an MS156 port on the PCB, so you just need a conversion cable to SMA for the antenna.

@bertabcd1234 do you know of any way to get connection stats off the Hue bridge? I mean Zigbee connection info.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.