C8 no leds no power

Opened up my brand new hubitat c8 plugged it in amd saw a blue light
Realized i hadnt plugged in my ethernet so unplugged and went and plugged in my ethernet and then my power cable
And........ nothing
Tried a different cable the light dimly flickered tried different ethernet cables and power bricks
Nothing
Hadnt had a chance to do any of this due to a really bad car accident

Is there any reviving this hub?
Its litterally never been even used

You may have won the wrong lottery, if you know what I mean.

Where did you purchase it from? Hubitat has had issues w/Amazon shipping returned units in the past.

For now a blue LED means that the hub booted up but the platform didn't load. You may be able to access the hub's Diagnostic Tool and recovery the hub via:

hubIPaddress:8081

To get the hub's IP address you'll need to look on your router to see what IP the hub has been assigned.

One thing you can do before you look for the hub's IP is do a networ reset on the hub to make sure all its networking settings are reset to factory default.

So I'd do the network reset first (which will reboot the hub), and after the hub reboots, look on your router to see if it's been assigned an IP address, and try accessing the hub diagnostic tool using that IP.

1 Like

No.

When did you purchase your hub? And from where?

My dad purchased right before xmas this year from amazon

I have no leds at this point i dont believe its booting at all
It does not show ip snywhere in my network either

Go to support.hubitat.com and click warranty and explain the situation. @support_team should take care of it

3 Likes

Yup - a goner. Do what @rlithgow1 says....

2 Likes

Well entered it into had a rough couple days with my back and didnt make it down to where the hub is. Hopefully @support_team can help me out i guess technically its a few days outside of warranty but i never even got to power it on really

@support_team is good and will help you out. Just make sure you put in the warranty request

1 Like