C8 migration legacy cloud dashboard links not working immediately

do i need to redo all links.. i have many dashboards with links to others.. THANKS

@bravenel

Your cloud dashboard links will change, as they include your hub ID, and that is unique to each hub. This is a general trend for all cloud API endpoints, though for ones where you're not copying/pasting a URL into the other system manually, most of the built-in apps have a way to communicate with the other cloud and update the endpoints automatically-ish (e.g., Alexa).

Hubitat Dashboard is now called out specifically in the LAN/cloud notes since this is probably worth mentioning specifically (thanks for making me think of it :slight_smile: ): How to Migrate to a New Hub | Hubitat Documentation

dashboards used to work automatically if you were in cloud links went to cloud if not local..

i have tried editing a link and now they dont work when in cloud mode.. you get this error.

so how do i create the legacy links in the dashboard as i said this used to work transparently but just having the type of a button be the dashboard link.. this is a problem.. as i dont encode the url..

ie you just select this for your button type and they worked automatically whether in cloud or local mode..

ill try adding a whole new button and see. just editing ie changing the name didnt fix it.

Ah, I though you were using a cloud link directly. It appears you're using a "Dashboard Link" tile instead? (I'm not sure what URL you were manually editing, then, though.) I'm not sure how Dashboard handles these internally, but removing and re-adding the title should definitely work if nothing else. This might be good to know if it's required. :thinking:

weird they started working again.. yes the base url changed as i expected the id is different..
wonder if it rebuilt something in the background. Don't think it was browser cache as i tried pages i havent been at in a long time.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.