C8 Migration - "Hub failed to restore"

Since the context is "...only if you restored a backup from one hub to another." it seems like "Source hub" should be the hub that was the source of the backup, and "Destination hub" should be the destination hub where you're restoring the backup. That's how I'd read it.

But I'd still wait for @gopher.ny to confirm. I've been wrong at least once before in my entire life. :wink:

1 Like

So I made a new backup from .103 on C7, restored to C8 with 103, and Zigbee is (mostly) working. This is in contrast to .102 where it didn't work at all. However, I'm unable to pair a new Zigbee device (hue motion) to the C8.

The hub that was the source of the backup is no longer connected. If you mean the hub that is now the source of the backup, then that is what I thought. But on that hub you can not select it as the source or destination. See below. This is from the new C8 hub. The rules hub is the hub I need the devices to link to. I can select the rules hub but not the House Hubitat hub. On both dropdowns I can only select the three listed.

On the C7 rules hub it is even more unclear. IN the screen shot below, On the source hub I can select the other hubs but not the C8, and a hub with unknow Hub ID. The ID that is listed does not match any hub currently connected, so I assume it is the one I just restored from. It was not connected when I made that screen shot. I can then select the C8 as the destination. See screenshots below.

All the more reason to wait for @gopher.ny or @bobbyD to clear things up. I know I'm completely confused now...

I needed to get my system back and working so I said screw it and tried the scenario where I selected the unknown Hub ID and the c8 as destination from the C7 rules hub. It was the only thing that made any sense at all, and It seems to have worked.

1 Like

Source would be the old hub that you're removing, destination is your new hub. You would have to do this on your other hubs that was using Hub Mesh previously.

Oh no!! I just got a private message from HE staff that using the unknown Hub ID is the worst possible choice and will result in dire consequences for your hub, for your home safety, and for much of your local flora and fauna. Those consequences are

Oops...my dog needs a treat and a scratchie. I'll be back a while later to follow up on the consequences.

:wink: :rofl:

1 Like

I had to do this on my other two hubs as well. Everything now seems connected.

1 Like

Sorry about a late post... that's a right course of action. If the hub is not around, its name will no longer be available to hub mesh, so it will fall back to displaying hub id in this screen.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.