C8 Migration - Fallen at first hurdle. No evidence cloud backup is successful

You are correct that there is an issue. I keep getting connection refused on the speed test. But not sure why. My C7 works fine.

Does Ping host section work with default 1.1.1.1 IP address?
I'm guessing that DNS is off for some reason... if that's the case, use Settings - Network setup, expand Override DNS settings section, and put in 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 9.9.9.9, the sample value. Once it's got a cloud connection, please PM me the hub id, and I can check what happened.

Here's the interesting thing. This issue was when it was hard wired. I switched to wifi and was able to do the update to 2.3.5.101. However, I still am not seeing the backup from my C7.

One possible difference is that you can set a static IP on the hub with an ethernet connection but not Wifi. Wifi is always DHCP. Could also be something in a firewall rule or VLAN configuration messing thing up.

Also, I can't PM you. There is no message button.

I have already tried a static IP. I have also excluded the device from all of my firewall rules for testing purposes and my C7 had no issues with my firewall configuration. Thanks for the thought though.

i had to register the new hub before i would see the cloud backups.
needs to be on the same account as the old one you did the cloud on.

also need to select "show all backups" not just local as it IS a differnent hub than the backup was done on.

1 Like

Do a backup again... the same lack of DNS/cloud connection would fail it.

With my issue, it was confirmed by staff that after you do the backup on the C7 it will not show in the list (on the C7) regardless of how many times you refresh it, so you have to have faith that it completed successfully after the progress spinner stops (apparently that will be amended in another build). As soon as I powered up the C8 and logged in to my account the cloud backup was there.

1 Like

thats not true if you select "show all backups" here is the cloud backup i did on the c7 before upgrading to c8.. it is still showing up on my other c7 that is in a different house..

If you have hub protect you will see it. @johnwill1 did not and it didn't show up though it was still available.

1 Like

got ya.. sorry for the confusion..

Don't worry it confused us too! You will, however, see it on the C8 regardless.

1 Like

I'm having the exact same issue. Cloud backup does not show on C7. I do not have Hub Protect so after reading this thread I'm going to assume it worked. Not a great feeling and this aspect needs to be better documented and/or noted in the video that shows how "easy" the migration is :grin:

3 Likes

The backup is not currently showing on the old hub. Instead of better documentation, our engineers fixed the issue in the next release, so that the backup will be visible. Thanks for your feedback.

7 Likes

Time frame?

1 Like

Soon, and not a minute late.

6 Likes

But before the release after that...

Isn't that great when soon to be released post from 2 days ago is already outdated by a day :slight_smile: Lighting fast developers at work here...

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.