C8 local access intermittent access

I tried DHCP and static. It's currently on static. All wi-fi settings are blank. I have another C8 connected via wire to the same router. I don't get issues with this one. It all started after I migrated to C8(90% sure).

This hub just has loads of z-wave and meross(wi-fi) switches attached. No zigbee(disabled).

I just saved a local copy and reloaded it. I wait and see what happens.
In my view it can only be meross driver or hardware but it was working fine on C7 with Meross driver.

If port 8081 is accessible, then it's unlikely to be a network set-up problem. However, it's possible to be an issue with your firewall blocking port 80. I've never seen that before, but is possible. Are you using special firewall hardware/software and/or advanced policy rules?

My access point is my home PC and all hubs in same subnet on flat lan(all wired). No f/w are in between. Keep the ideas rolling in!

My new C8 should arrive next week. I'm planning on migration from iffy C8 to new C8. This will one way or another put me on a path to resolve this issue I hope! Is there going to be any gotca's here?I'm subscribing to the Hub Protect service.. so I should be able to transfer everything from one C8 to another(including z-wave) right?

1 Like

Yes. Simply do a cloud backup. Shutdown and disconnect power to the old hub. Bring up the new hub, register it, then restore from cloud backup. Be sure to check the restore zigee and z-wave radio boxes. Let the unit come up, get it's address, then use that address in a DHCP reservation (do not make it a static ip on the hub)

Maybe it's been fixed. The only thing i tried that was different was take a manual local copy and restore from that(soft rest first). How is this different from restoring from local copy made over night... makes no sense to me..

Local is different then cloud as cloud backs up both z-wave and zigbee radios (on c8) or z-wave radio (on c7). As to the one local copy downloaded to your pc vs the ones on the hub, they "shouldn't" be different. But I tend to do the downloaded copy restore vs the onboard backup. Also saving a local on your pc after any changes is good in case of failure as is backing up to the cloud...

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.