C8 Hubitat Keeps Crashing

ROLFMAO

1 Like

Just FYI, all this did was re-install the current code for the app from gitHub. It does not "repair" anything else in the app. The other cleaning up of apps and mesh is probably what helped.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: C8 Crashing, need help

Well my issue is back. Started a couple days ago and now it wont stay connected more than a couple hours.

Going to try a soft reset to see if that works. Otherwise how do I get a support ticket started ?

1 Like

So far so good, held over the night.

Just in case you haven't seen this, a soft reset is no longer required as a separate step. All you need to do is:

1. Download a local backup
  2. Restore the local backup you just downloaded

That will accomplish the same as the steps we used to follow (download/separate soft reset/restore).

Thanks, continues to hold so far.
I did do the soft reset and then local restore. If it happens again will just try the restore

Did you happen to lose power or unplug the hub without shutting it down between the last soft reset and when it started crashing again? Or was this the first soft-reset you tried?

Nope, it just kept crashing, i.e., I couldn't get to it via web interface or app.

Also, I was running an real old version of HPM, I think it was calling out to update too much (got a ton of driver fail installs with Inovelli drivers). I removed HPM and updated to 1.9 (I think), and that seemed to help with the crashing frequency.

Happened again, tried to hit the reset button but light just stayed green, had to pull the plug and will try a download and restore.

Do you think the C8 Pro might be better ?

Now I am getting "Cloud connection is unavailable" when I click on alert detail it is just blank.

Tried to download local and restore and it is just hanging. Had to pull the plug again. See if this holds.