C8 Hub Update Failing every time

i ran http://[Your Hub IP]/hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool
the page has been loading for over 10 minutes now. I just opened a new page and check the diagnostic tool. It did not update.

Its like I cant download from your servers. I'm going to try with a VPN.

is there a way to sideload the update file if you were to send it to me via .zip?

I don't work for Hubitat but even if I did the answer would be no. Only way to update is OTA.

That diag tool update can take a while, now that you triggered it check back in a little bit and it might have updated itself.

When you tried switching the network speed were you on ethernet? Did you reboot after changing it?
I'm asking again because that is usually what fixes this issue.

Yes, i did reboot.

I tried switching the speed while connected on ethernet and also with wifi (ethernet shut down). With both interfaces i reboot after switching speed and tried the download update

When you switched back to Ethernet I assume you also disconnect from the Wifi (I think there is a button to disconnect it)? If both are running at once it could be causing issues.

I didnt disconnect from wifi after that step. I dont see any option to drop the wifi.
But after a reboot is does show the wifi is not connected.

edit: disconnect wifi button is there while wifi is connected

1 Like
  1. Need to try and reboot our router.
  2. then and press button on bottom of hub.
    ( Press the reset button on the bottom of the hub with a tooth pic or paperclip for 7-10 seconds (it will be the only round hole out of all the square ones) This will reset your network settings. It will not reset your hub.)
  3. Then try again to update.

If that does not work ..

Navigate to http://[Your Hub IP]:8081
Like this : http://192.168.1.100:8081 < or what ever ip you get on the hub.
and try doing update from there.

ok, so in the diagnostics tool I clicked on "Restore previous version".
What is strange here is that the only listed previous version was the new version:

I clicked on it to restore and it rebooted and is now on the starting up screen. Its taking a while but lets see if it works.

It got stuck at 35%. I was still able to access the diagnostic tool. I hit reboot and it actually rebooted quickly and properly.

So im up and running on version 2.3.9.150.

I'm happy it worked, but that was not a great first impression. Hopefully this helps anyone else with a similar issue.

@jtp10181 thanks for your assistance

2 Likes

When you clicked the download latest it possibly kept trying in the background until it finally got it.

Make sure you get that diagnostic tool to update as well, just in case you need anything from the newer advanced menu.

good call. I still dont have "Advanced" in my diagnostic tool. Im still on version 1.1.112.
ill try running the force command again. Wouldn't the new update have the updated diagnostic tool?

Maybe, but It got to 70% a few times during the course of the day and then failed. Very strange.

Current DT is 1.1.129 and it updates independently from the platform. Normally it will update silently by itself in the background.

Can you plug hubitat directly into your router, then using a paperclip or toothpic, press and hold the network reset button on the bottom of the hub for 7 - 10 seconds (minimum 7). Now this may allow the hub to change ip address'. Simply go to hubitat.local in your pc's web browser then try the update again.

Make sure you get that diagnostic tool to update as well, just in case you need anything from the newer advanced menu

I have tried several times, for several days to update the DT. Im still on version 1.1.112 and the command : http:// [Your Hub IP] /hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool with no luck. Can i get some assistance on this?

Also i see version 2.3.9.154 is out. Im in the process of trying to update. The download is at 53% now after 15 min. Is this download time normal? With all these update issues can there be an issue with my unit?

go to settings>>network and change speed from fixed to auto (or auto to fixed) then try again

I have tried that step several times.

The update took about 25 minute but did complete the first time i attempted to download it.

The DT is still not updating to the newest version. After about 30 min the webpage gave me this response:
{
"success": true,
"message": "No update for diagnostics tool available."
}

Any reason why i'm not able to get the current version of 1.1.129?

@

@support_team

Have seen before where things in HE will falsely say there is no update because it cannot reach the server. Seems like you are having some sort of a speed problem.

Here is a virtual device driver that can do a basic speed test: