C8. Hub unresponsive. wifiDisconnect

Hmm, I'll let @gopher.ny chime in on that one.

Blast. Just gone unresponsive.
Cannot access it yet light is green.
Cannot access diagnostic tool.
Find my hubs shows my hub with the correct IP address. Clicking on it does nothing.

Updated to .113 and have not had a reboot since.
It's only been 15hrs but I was getting a reboot approx every 4-6 hrs so early indication is that the issue has been fixed.
Thanks again @gopher.ny

1 Like

I just set my C8 up today, on wifi. I am seeing the same issue. My router is only 3 feet away.

i put it on the wire and turned wifi off until this is resolved.

Platform Version

Sorry, to be clear the C8 is unable to hold a wifi connection even though 3 feet from my router

Actually being that close can be seriously problematic... keep it a min of 10' from the router or even 15...

1 Like

Before I left town I noticed my c8 was looking for Wi-Fi even though it was plugged in to my router via Ethernet to my router. I thought Wi-Fi would automatically turn off. It didn’t. Now I am out of town and hub is unreachable. Presumably i am having the same problem

If you are at the latest build then the issue I reported should not be the cause of the issue you are seeing.
Build .113 cured the issue for me.

Thanks, I hope you’re right. Since I can’t connect to the hub, which happened once before I left, I can’t determine which FW version my hub is on. Unfortunately my lighting automations are not executing so my house is dark except for the hue and Kasa lights I can address directly.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.