C8 - Giving me issues with Z-wave technology

Hey everyone! First post here and just bought my C8. I was enjoying Hubitat for the first week until I began pairing my new Zooz devices onto Hubitat. I noticed issues immediately in regards to one of my devices being unpaired and being slower than before. One thing I thought was the following:

• I updated to 2.3.5.125
  • I got a POE splitter

With these two I noticed everything began to give me issues and anytime I tried to link my preexisting switch (that is Zwave) it never grabbed switch. Then I did the following hoping to fix the issue:

• I tried excluding the device that was having issues, that did not work
  • I reset the Z-wave radio, that did not work for me.
  • I then did a Soft Reset to start from the very beginning HOPING it would work but still, nothing.
  • I ran Factory Resets on ALL my Zwave services which still did not pair.
  • I reverted back to using my USB-C charger that is provided by Hubitat and revert my upgrade back to 2.3.5.124.
  • I have also disconnected the hub from the power for 5 minutes and more and still nothing.

I still receive this error once it times-out after 100 seconds of running Inclusion:

Looks like youโ€™re having trouble including your device. Please exclude it or perform a factory reset on the device before attempting to include it again. If the device still won't include after exclusion or factory reset, please review the best practices for building a solid Z-Wave mesh. 

I'm hoping anyone can help me out with this. When I hooked up Hubitat for the first time, I did not have ANY issues whatsoever and was able to add all my devices no sweat.

Hi I'm having a very similar issue as you. Looks like we've done a number of the same things. I also posted, so I hope between your post and mine we'll find a solution.

@Tom415 Hey Tom, soooo. I got it to work. I tried again by disconnecting the power from Hubitat, left it there for an hour and presto, it works. Immediately got my Zooz devices. I'm hoping it stays that way...

Also, if you are using Z-Wave like me, make sure to FIRST set "Use without security" unless you have a security lock with should have 5 digits you need to enter like my front door lock. I've noticed issues initially but they subside when it gets to devices with security.

Good advice to join Z-Wave devices w/out security, except for "barrier" devices like locks and garage door openers which generally require to be joined with secuirity. Also, if your device offers you a choice, always choose S2 over S0 security. S0 security is extremely noisey/chatty on the Z-Wave mesh compared to S2.

I use a PoE to power my C8 as well. I was wondering if you've had any issues you think are related to powering the C8 that way. I've ad the same issues as you linking z wave devices specifically Yale Locks which require S0 security (they don't support S2 bummer). I began to think perhaps power supplies are could make a difference on the new 800 series z wave chipset.

So using a PoE for your C8 cannot pair devices, mostly my Z-Wave devices. I hardwire my charger that comes with Hubitat then unplug the charger if I am not going to pair any devices. The only time I use the charger is when I pair devices.