C8 Driver issue - Aeotec Nano Shutter

I’ve had this issue a few times now since upgrading to the C8 from a C7 - basically my rule will send a close command to my 3 shutters and the driver will get stuck saying “closing” but the shutters all stay open.

The only way to resolve the issue is to physically hit the hard wired open / close button. after that, the driver behaves again for a while (I can’t give a failure time frame as I haven’t found a pattern).

@bobbyD @bcopeland

1 Like

Sounds like the device isn’t receiving the command, what does the zwave details screen show for it?

I have 3 of them, they all do the same thing at the same time, hence my suggestion that the driver + c8 is the issue.

Zwave details screen for the 3 devices is normal when it happens.

They all have plenty of neighbours and connect at full speed.

Yeah, there's something going on but it doesn't appear to be the mesh.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

Btw, the last couple of times this happened where on. 2.3.6.x - I’ve now upgraded to 2.3.7.x.

@bcopeland @bobbyD gents, I realise I raised this issue during the holidays, so just bumping it.

PS, I hope you guys had a nice holiday season.

Could you turn on debug logging in the devices and try again?…

Sure, but doesn’t it turn off automatically after 30 mins?

So I haven’t had this issue since upgrading to 2.3.7.145 - however, I still can’t open and close the shutters with Apple home. They show the correct status, but that’s it.

WAF is currently sub zero as a result. :weary:

Out of frustration, i added my shutters to Alexa, and she can’t open or close my shutters either.

@bcopeland @bobbyD @support_team can you guys please fix this driver? The WAF right now is sub zero. :weary:

I think I got one of those sitting around, will check.

1 Like

Thank you, this is a real PITA for me ATM.

Howdy, any progress on a fix for this?

@gopher.ny @bcopeland guys, any chance of an update please? There’s been quite a few firmware updates and no mention of this.

Bueller, Bueller?

Guy's, can I please get an update on this? It's been dragging out for months and SWMBO is not best pleased.

@mike.maxwell

Sure, I thought you may have sent the logs to @bcopeland in private, but doesn't seem to be the case. See my private message.

1 Like

I have sent you the logs etc via PM.

Linking to Known Issues: