C8 Driver issue - Aeotec Nano Shutter

I’ve had this issue a few times now since upgrading to the C8 from a C7 - basically my rule will send a close command to my 3 shutters and the driver will get stuck saying “closing” but the shutters all stay open.

The only way to resolve the issue is to physically hit the hard wired open / close button. after that, the driver behaves again for a while (I can’t give a failure time frame as I haven’t found a pattern).

@bobbyD @bcopeland

1 Like

Sounds like the device isn’t receiving the command, what does the zwave details screen show for it?

I have 3 of them, they all do the same thing at the same time, hence my suggestion that the driver + c8 is the issue.

Zwave details screen for the 3 devices is normal when it happens.

They all have plenty of neighbours and connect at full speed.

Yeah, there's something going on but it doesn't appear to be the mesh.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.

Btw, the last couple of times this happened where on. 2.3.6.x - I’ve now upgraded to 2.3.7.x.

@bcopeland @bobbyD gents, I realise I raised this issue during the holidays, so just bumping it.

PS, I hope you guys had a nice holiday season.

Could you turn on debug logging in the devices and try again?…

Sure, but doesn’t it turn off automatically after 30 mins?

So I haven’t had this issue since upgrading to 2.3.7.145 - however, I still can’t open and close the shutters with Apple home. They show the correct status, but that’s it.

WAF is currently sub zero as a result. :weary:

Out of frustration, i added my shutters to Alexa, and she can’t open or close my shutters either.

@bcopeland @bobbyD @support_team can you guys please fix this driver? The WAF right now is sub zero. :weary:

I think I got one of those sitting around, will check.

1 Like

Thank you, this is a real PITA for me ATM.

Howdy, any progress on a fix for this?

@gopher.ny @bcopeland guys, any chance of an update please? There’s been quite a few firmware updates and no mention of this.

Bueller, Bueller?

Guy's, can I please get an update on this? It's been dragging out for months and SWMBO is not best pleased.

@mike.maxwell

Sure, I thought you may have sent the logs to @bcopeland in private, but doesn't seem to be the case. See my private message.

1 Like

I have sent you the logs etc via PM.

Linking to Known Issues:

@bravenel @bobbyD i know you guys have been busy, but this is still broken. Any chance we could please get this prioritised? It’s an officially supported device, and my wife is driving me crazy asking when it’ll be fixed, and questioning my rationale for recently buying a C8 Pro. :disappointed:

PS, and yes it’s still broken after migrating to the C8 Pro.