dJOS
January 5, 2024, 6:56am
1
I’ve had this issue a few times now since upgrading to the C8 from a C7 - basically my rule will send a close command to my 3 shutters and the driver will get stuck saying “closing” but the shutters all stay open.
The only way to resolve the issue is to physically hit the hard wired open / close button. after that, the driver behaves again for a while (I can’t give a failure time frame as I haven’t found a pattern).
@bobbyD @bcopeland
Sounds like the device isn’t receiving the command, what does the zwave details screen show for it?
dJOS
January 6, 2024, 12:36am
3
I have 3 of them, they all do the same thing at the same time, hence my suggestion that the driver + c8 is the issue.
Zwave details screen for the 3 devices is normal when it happens.
They all have plenty of neighbours and connect at full speed.
Yeah, there's something going on but it doesn't appear to be the mesh.
dJOS
January 6, 2024, 1:46am
5
My thoughts exactly.
Btw, the last couple of times this happened where on. 2.3.6.x - I’ve now upgraded to 2.3.7.x.
dJOS
January 8, 2024, 9:39am
6
@bcopeland @bobbyD gents, I realise I raised this issue during the holidays, so just bumping it.
PS, I hope you guys had a nice holiday season.
Could you turn on debug logging in the devices and try again?…
dJOS
January 8, 2024, 9:39pm
8
Sure, but doesn’t it turn off automatically after 30 mins?
dJOS
January 23, 2024, 9:46pm
9
So I haven’t had this issue since upgrading to 2.3.7.145 - however, I still can’t open and close the shutters with Apple home. They show the correct status, but that’s it.
WAF is currently sub zero as a result.
dJOS
February 1, 2024, 9:40pm
10
Out of frustration, i added my shutters to Alexa, and she can’t open or close my shutters either.
@bcopeland @bobbyD @support_team can you guys please fix this driver? The WAF right now is sub zero.
I think I got one of those sitting around, will check.
dJOS
February 7, 2024, 9:37pm
12
Thank you, this is a real PITA for me ATM.
dJOS
February 29, 2024, 4:01am
13
Howdy, any progress on a fix for this?
dJOS
March 9, 2024, 5:40am
14
@gopher.ny @bcopeland guys, any chance of an update please? There’s been quite a few firmware updates and no mention of this.
dJOS
March 20, 2024, 11:25am
16
dJOS:
i added my shutters to Alexa, and she can’t open or close my shutters either.
@bcopeland @bobbyD @support_team can you guys please fix this driver? The WAF right now is sub zero.
Guy's, can I please get an update on this? It's been dragging out for months and SWMBO is not best pleased.
@mike.maxwell
bobbyD
March 21, 2024, 11:56am
17
Sure, I thought you may have sent the logs to @bcopeland in private, but doesn't seem to be the case. See my private message.
dJOS
April 2, 2024, 2:34am
18
I have sent you the logs etc via PM.
Linking to Known Issues:
dJOS
May 28, 2024, 7:25am
19
@bravenel @bobbyD i know you guys have been busy, but this is still broken. Any chance we could please get this prioritised? It’s an officially supported device, and my wife is driving me crazy asking when it’ll be fixed, and questioning my rationale for recently buying a C8 Pro.
PS, and yes it’s still broken after migrating to the C8 Pro.
dJOS
December 24, 2024, 7:42am
20
So after seeing a reference to Aeotec Nano Shutter in the 2.4.0 release notes, I decided to check on this issue, and it’s fixed.
The blind status in Apple Home is correct, and the shutters operate correctly.
Thank you, have a great Xmas and New Year @bravenel and @bobbyD
Release 2.4.0.142 Available
Changes from 2.3.9.201
Platform Changes
Updated, modern user interface.
Added Z-Wave WindowCoveringV1 command class.
New Generic Z-Wave DT (Device Type) fingerprint driver matching by Z-Wave Device Class with dynamic configuration parameters. For better user experience with new untested Z-Wave devices.
New Devices
Generic Z-Wave DT Repeater
Generic Z-Wave DT Binary Switch
Generic Z-Wave DT Multilevel Switch
Generic Z-Wave DT Thermostat
Generic Z-Wave DT Window …