No - no power settings for Z-Wave. It's always set to 11. :wink:

5 Likes

1 Like

In case anyone was wondering:

5 Likes

I just KNEW it was ABS! :rofl:

Wut? My scans are always at 3200 DPI.

1 Like

People are gawking! Put that back together right now!!

Is a modified case in the offing, maybe? Hmmmm?? :slight_smile:

I've got Lewis' modified case lid printing to add a fan.

2 Likes

He already modded it to fit the new C-8? Why wasn't I notified!!?? :slight_smile: Cough up the deets, man. Youre talking about the new version of this one, right?

Well...no mods really needed. From what I can tell, the existing ports all line up. Using the lid will be just like using it with a C-7 with the antenna mod...gotta drill holes for the RP-SMA connectors.

I'm sure the file could be modded to just have the holes in the print, but it's beyond my skill set at the moment.

1 Like

Ah, OK. He said he was going to mod the original fan-case for the C-8 when he had time. I think I'll wait for that, the C-8 sits in a spot that is very visible so I want the case to look as legit as possible to avoid potential banishing to a more remote location. :slight_smile:

Looks like it would be pretty easy to put an external wifi antenna on that.. Just sayin'

2 Likes

So, the antenna connectors are not symmetrical. You'll notice I caught that after drilling the second hole and had to extend it over a bit. I thought about printing another lid, but figure I'll just wait until either Lewis updates his model or I figure out how to do it.

2 Likes

What advantage are you getting with the larger antenna? I mean you're more susceptible to interference with the high gain. Just curious. I like the case!!!!

My C-8 arrives tomorrow. I am all set.

17 Likes

Over the stock antenna? No clue, but I already had it so I swapped it over. Every device except one is directly connected and I don't have a small house. I have a contact sensor on my back gate, a good 40' from the back of the house and another 15' or so inside that is directly connected. The one not directly connected is an Aeotec plug for the dryer and that thing has always done its own thing. I can't think of anything in my house that would cause interference in that frequency band.

2 Likes

I have 2 back gates about a 100 feet from the hub through 2 walls and 2 courses of brick and I was delighted when both connected directly to the hub...

1 Like

My front door lock that is ~10 ft from the hub, and clear line of sight (no walls between) chose to go through a zwave repeater in another room instead of directly to my C-8 hub. Go figure?

Radio waves are a funny thing.

(note, I don't really care as the few extra ms of latency is not important to me, I just thought it was funny)

4 Likes

yep - I hear ya! since moving to C-8 I was all excited I finally had all devices direct to hub (after a few days of settling in and a couple of refreshes, etc) and I have two switches in my kitchen which are line of sight ~20 ft from the hub that keep finding neighbors.

I can go to the device page and hit configure and they will go back to direct ~ but after some time the stubborn buggers will find their way back to mesh :frowning: