C7 v C8 zigbee signal strength

There was some discussion in another thread about the relative strength of the signal on the zigbee radio from a C7 compared to a C8. I decided to play with my new TinySA signal analyzer and see what it showed. I took a C7 and placed it alongside a C8 with the analyzer maybe 2 feet away. I fired up the zigbee radio on the C7, on channel 25, and paired a plug. Then I shut down the radio, fired up a C8 next to it, and repeated the same test - on power level 8. Not exactly a scientific test but it shows a 4 dBm difference. That's a pretty decent improvement, and in this case because the C8 is on power level 8 it's all about the external antenna.

(Caveat: I am not an RF engineer so my interpretation of the results is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate)

3 Likes

Nice work. I'd be interested to see what the O/P of the C8 is set to the default of 16. :wink:

Have hub, will graph.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks @brad5.
I think that shows pretty conclusively, to me anyway, that zigbee signal strength on the C8 is pretty impressive at 16 compared to the C7.
Thanks for sharing. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah assuming I'm using the little thing the right way!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.