C7 Update to 2.3.8.117 - Matter install fails

Hi Folks

Updated HUB to 2.3.8.117 from previous release

When I navigate to Matter details the hub attempts to install matter and fails with:

Is anyone else getting this?

My guess is that the new Java platform update for C-5 and C-7 hubs from 8 to 11 has failed to install

I have already tried going back to previous release and reapplying the 2.3.8.117 update. No Joy.

BTW I also noted that the release notes stated that Z-Wave SDK for C-7/C-8/C-8 Pro was updated.
HUB Info reporting:

• zwaveSDKVersion : 7.18
  • zwaveVersion : 7.18
    I thought that was the version already there.
    Also no Update firmware button on ZWave details page
    Only including this info as it could indicate a wider problem with the install

If unrelated I'll open a separate thread for that issue.

Cheers and Thanks in advance

Dom

After updating to 2.3.8.x version you need to reboot the hub once more - I suppose the Java version is updated first, Matter components are installed on the second run.

Thanks for the reply.
I did reboot again after the install. ( As per release notes)

Maybe @gopher.ny can help, looking at the engineering logs ..

1 Like

Thanks just messaged him

1 Like

This is normal; the SDK update is automatic and distinct from a radio firmware update, which is where the "Firmware Update" button would come into play. Also, the SDK version is only reported out to 7.18 (the new version is 7.18.3, up from a previous 7.18.x release), so you won't see anything change there either.

3 Likes

Thanks for that explanation

gopher.ny traced it to the download timing out after 5 minutes. He sees the problem, and will have a fix in the next build.
Thanks to everyone who repsonded

1 Like