C7 Underwhelming Perfomance

My Z-Wave goto's for switches have been Zooz for lighting and GE/Jasco for fans - around here most everyone still has "toggle" style switches.

In terms of motion sensors - yep agree, typically prefer Zigbee over Z-Wave. Have found the Aeotec recessed door sensor 7's to work okay but kind of a pain to drill into the door frame and you don't always get battery reporting. If there is any signal issue it will eat batteries.

Have been testing out these "XFinity" sensors which are looking pretty good and at a decent price:

Getting back to the topic (apologies!!) another thing to consider is an overloaded hub will take out the Zigbee service before Z-Wave. This happened to me a while ago before I started using multiple hubs and "companion" server to offload some of the RM workload..

This can't be a good thing to do. Are you at least properly shutting down the hub first?

2 Likes

It would still help us help you if you posted your z-wave details page in it's entirety for us to study... You can use the Snip tool in windows to do it.

2 Likes

Maybe sort of okay for bumping the devices but definitely not good for the hub. In fact I prefer to keep my hub running on a decent UPS..

Also make sure the temperature around your hub is okay - too much heat can cause craziness as well. I had that happen with a hub that was placed on a smooth plastic heat reflecting surface (a Sonos Port).

1 Like

RE. Power Off the correct Zwave mesh issues (too many hops).

There are multiple threads suggesting doing this to correct too many hops and rebuild the network. The HE itself is on a UPS and in a room without any temp concerns. (center of home) I am trying a few things and if still problems, will definitely post Zwave details page.

The good thing about Zigbee is there NOT too many hops. I know there is a technical limit but that is not something that a home could have.

GE Enbrighten Zigbee switches and your hub will purr like a kitten.