C7 to C8 migration - Zigbee devices does not work

Hi All,
I have migrated from C7 to C8. My problem is that non of the Zigbee devices works. Few WIZ devices work with no issues; the migration went smoothly, it and all settings and devices were migrated from C7.
Can someone he with where to look beide to repair it all again?

When you did the migration, did you make sure that both zigbee and z-wave boxes were checked? You can run the restore again...,

1 Like

Hi, the boxes were checked. I tried to restore it again and no luck.
Today I try to backup my C7 hub and restore it again. Hope that will help.

Any luck? I have the same issue, but to a point that i cannot even rejoin the devices from scratch, the zigbee search just doesnt find pretty much anything (maybe 10% of the time it finds a device but pairing fails after that)

Maybe not the same problem but I also had a problem with my Zigbee thermostats. After upgrading to C8 I had a lot of problems with the zigbee network and it was using a different channel than 20. When it started working fine it automatically came back to channel 20. My thermostats were using channel 20. Now everything works fine.

Any update?

I migrated Tuesday, backed up and imported Zigbee & Z-Wave. Shutdown and removed power from C7. As of this evening, both radios have issues with various devices.

Bulbs, locks, contact sensors. Same brand/vs/firmware, one works, one doesn't. Mode Manager fails, doesn't change at set times. Rules don't fire that have worked for months. A rule can unlock a lock, but try from the device settings page or the dashboard and it fails.

Battery levels are logged from a device, but not open/close for contacts or unlock/lock status for locks.

I was hoping 48 hrs things would stabilize. I installed 2.3.5.117 update today, I tried changing Zigbee power settings, no change.

I know this is early in the release, I was looking forward to the extended range, maybe eliminate repeaters, yet this feels like Alpha testing, not even Beta.

I will be going back to C7 tomorrow. Put the C8 on the shelf for a while.

UPDATE 3/24: Disabled Zigbee & Z-Wave on C8, shut it down, disconnected power.

Powered on C7, within 5 minutes devices that were not working on C8 are functional.

I'm in the same situation. No Zigbee device worked after the migration. I had to unplug the C8, plug the C7 back in, and now everything works..

I'll have to wait until this is resolved. I see a lot of people online with the same problem and so far no way to solve it.

Same problem here. Seems like the ZigBee radio doesn't work at all, even though the status says online.

Was this ever resolved? As I have just done a migration from C7 to C8 today and none of my Zigbee devices work. I am on Hub version 2.3.5.125

How long after migration should one wait before testing all devices?

What channel is zigbee on?
What channel is wifi on?
Lower zigbee power to 8

For myself, Zigbee was on Channel 20. Same channel as the C7 which works perfectly fine in my environment. My WiFi is set to manual channel assignment, not hunt.

On the C8 I tried reducing the zigbee power to 8, let the system stabilize for 3+ days and saw no change or improvement.

Once I moved back to C7, all devices worked as expected within minutes.

C8 has been unplugged for a month.

On my network I have wifi channels 1 and 6 being used and I have made sure nothing is on 11.

On C8 there were same settings as C7 which are power 8 and channel 22. Which on C7 never had an issue.

I have since setup C8 hub as new and am slowly moving device manually over from C7.
So far device connected to C8 Zigbee manually have been working fine.

I know long process but at least this way I don’t have to deal with all migration related issues in the long run

Oh and another note so far I am not seeing any range improvements compared to my C7 hub either

C8 is on default power 16 and channel 24

Me too had to migrate back to C7 because Zigbee simply won't work on C8

I currently have around 60 zigbee devices on my c8 that run without issue. That said

Have you swapped antennas? (This would check for a bad antenna)

If you delete all your zigbee devices on your c8 and then reset the radio, can you then add devices and have them work properly?

Are they specific devices or just all devices randomly dropping off? (see above about deleting)

Thank you for replying!

I did not swap the antennas, they seem to be ok.

After the migration, all devices were ok under build 2.3.4.148, then the Zigbee devices slowly degrades and random devices will stop responding.

I did not re-pair devices to the C8, I have 20+ Zigbee blinds motors and are lots of work to re-pair.

After I reverted back to C7 every device runs reliably and no issues.

Many people write about similar experience with C8/Zigbee, many tried to swap the antennas, re-pair devices, but it sounds like the C8 just not yet compatible with all devices yet…

Antennas weren't the issue

Deleting and re-adding totally defeats the purpose and usefulness of a Migration, my time and energy are worth more than a half baked release.

I wouldn't say it's half baked at all. The majority of people have had no problems with migrating (myself included). It's hard to account for every single setup/error/device and of course HE staff is trying to figure out that small percentage that is having issues due to the migration. That said, until only recently was there even a migration option... Also was just giving you options to try...

None of my Zigbee devices worked after migration. I followed the migration instructions to the letter. The Zigbee devices did migrate but would not function or communicate. I did the migration again. Same result. I am in the process of adding back all 39 Zigbee devices. They seem to add easily and fall right back into place with my automations (THANKFULLY).