C7 S2 Fails?

S2 devices always prompt with security options.

1 Like

So the z-wave stack is what's generating that prompt? And you can't force that prompt to be displayed for devices that don't support S2?

I'm asking because the Z-Wave PC Controller application displays it for devices that just support S0 and you can uncheck the box to make it join without S0.

what controller are you using as a secondary?, 500 or 700 series...

I've used the Aeotec Z-Stick GEN5 and Aeotec Z-Stick GEN7 (beta) as a primary controller with Z-Wave PC Controller and I'm pretty sure I got that prompt for S0 with both, but I'll double check with the GEN7.

I haven't tried using the GEN7 as a secondary controller with the C7, but when I have a moment I'll also test that and let you know.

PCController doesn’t use the the same controller framework that’s required for 700 series z-wave hubs

Itd be nice if we could use a c4 or c5 hub for this..

I have the same puzzlement.. can't an equivalent popup be offered for S0 devices as well? Thus allowing for the deselection of S0?

Thanks, I won't waste time testing that behavior since it's unrelated.

When you use that NODE_ADD_ANY_S2 option, does Hubitat determine whether it displays that prompt with the security options or is that automatic?

That prompt is requested from the SDK

If the hub software was given any indication / control of the pre-S2 bootstrapping it could. Unfortunately pre-S2 bootstrapping happens completely in the SDK with no prompts/options to the hub software.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation.

3 Likes

Anytime

4 Likes