C7 not working proper anymore

With all the slew of software updates, my C7 finally decided to do its own thing. Turns lights own when it wants, leaves them on if it feels like it, commands dont do anything, cant create dashboards.. etc etc. Looking at alternatives to replace this hub.. maybe i should have stuck with WIFI.. and not this Zwave

I am not sure there is a question in there somewhere?

Maybe start by doing what is outlined in the post below.

2 Likes

If you would like any help please read the post linked above and ask a specific question.

1 Like

Question: What can be done to the C7 in order to restore to is default out of the box stage.. if possible, maybe it restores functionality.

Question: Is the C8 a better option than the C7 as far as functionality and reliability?.. or no value at all to do simple home control?

Why would you want to do that if you have things set up in the hub?

What you can do, and it is often recommended in cases like yours, is to do a soft reset and restore of a previously downloaded database. You won't lose anything that way.

I don't think that it will solve your issue, however we don't know what issues you are having without your help.

Again, why not post more detail about what devices, what hub update you are on, and some of the other info in the linked post so we can try to narrow down what is going on.

2 Likes

I agree with @neonturbo above but...

If you want the full nuclear factory fresh reset here are the instructions below (at bottom of soft reset page). You will also have to factory reset or "exclude" all of your Z-wave devices so they can be paired to the hub again. Exclusion works even after a hub radio reset and will basically just factory reset the device. Zigbee devices will need to be reset and paired again.

If you have any cloud integrations you may want to de-register them first to avoid those services continuing to try and connect to your hub through the cloud endpoint, which will not change after a reset.

https://docs2.hubitat.com/user-interface/advanced-features/soft-reset#what-about-a-full-reset

2 Likes

Thanks...
Issue:.
Rules that have been working for a while.. suddenly work on and off. All my rules are simple turn lights on and off. Sometimes the light will turn on at 6pm on schedule, but wont turn off at 930pm per schedule. On another day wont turn on, on another day will work as schedule. In short random events. All switchs are Leviton DZR15-1RZ Decora. C7 running 1.6.12 Build 136

Thanks.. Nuke coming up!

Hold on a second, let me catch up. Nuclear option is time consuming and largely unnecessary, especially when a hub has been working fine.

2 Likes

I would say first step to avoid the nuke would be to read this post: โ€ผ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help and follow some of the tips in there, and post all the requested info.

The problem sounds like a hub resources issues. I fixed a hub for someone with similar issues and they had a rouge Wifi integration still going where the devices had been disconnected for a while and it would just keep trying to connect until the hub started having problems.

That being said... we gave all the info and warnings. To each their own I guess. What's the saying... you can lead a horse to water...

:person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I do not recommend resetting the hub at this point without providing more details and eliminating the possibility that your hub is actually dealing with a hardware malfunction.

Performing the reset and attempting to rebuild your environment is time consuming and likely will result in no improvement to your experience, driving your Hubitat experience further away from the desired smart home reliability and ease of use.

1 Like

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

1 Like

Standing by

Send me your hub id in a private message. I'll check your engineering log for clues, assuming your hub is connected to the cloud.

1 Like

My (and I'm sure others) guess is that some Z-wave device has gone haywire and is mucking things up. If we could see your Z-wave details that would probably help narrow it down. But BobbyD can probably get an idea looking at the engineering log.

1 Like

Those are known to cause problems unless you have recently updated the firmware on them. Do you recall updating their firmware?

Also, which driver (Type) are they using in the settings page for these devices?

In addition, there is a Z-wave radio firmware that might help, if you haven't yet done that update. Look at the top of the Z-wave details page and see if there is an Update Firmware button. If it is not there, you are up to date.

:+1: You should screenshot your Z-wave details page (all columns and rows) and post it here. Do multiple screenshots if necessary. A desktop or laptop would be the easiest way for us to read these screenshots.

2 Likes