C7 Malaysia Zwave Radio Malfunction

I've been a Vera user for years and looking at how Vera company performed sparked a need for me to search for an alternative ZWave hub. As i reside in Malaysia my choices are limited, but I found Hubitat Hub to be the perfect replacement hub i'm looking for. The chronology of event listed as below:

13 Jan 2021 - Sent email to support as the new C7 hub got the Error 500 when accessing Zwave detail page. Despite with all firmware upgrade Zwave radio just won't start.

16 Mac 2021 - Support confirm Zwave radio [hardware] malfunction and send a replacement hub. However the new replacement hub upon changing the Zwave region to Malaysia, the Zwave radio is unresponsive issue pop out. Before changing the region Zwave works perfectly outside the box.

3 Apr 2021 - After some dangling around, support came back and confirmed there is an issue from Z-Wave authority that every 700 chip released do have this problem and they can only await Z-wave authority to release the new firmware to fix the problem.

31 May 2021 - Support emailing back that Z-Wave authority has not released new firmware to fix the issue but propose to change the Z-Wave region to Australia/New Zealand as a workaround. But the Zwave radio is still unresponsive after the power cycle.

I'm posting this in the community to see what other power user opinion and resolution to the issue. Taking the diagnosis time frame spanning for half a year, all known methods have been tried except full reset which is not available.

Thanks to @bobbyD and @support_team for helping me during these 6 months and now let's take this to the community and get it sorted.

This is bad. Maybe they can send you a C5 hubitat?

Sorry I didn't get a chance to follow up on your ticket yet. We will be sending you another replacement. The problem is that once you select Malaysia, the radio becomes permanently non-responsive and changing to a different region doesn't work. Selecting the Australia/New Zealand region must be done before changing to Malaysia. We have removed Malaysia from the list in recent release to avoid this problem. So for anyone from Malaysia, who might follow this thread, please use Australia/New Zealand Region for your Z-wave radio.

4 Likes

From your description (and @bobbyDā€™s), Iā€™m not sure this is something the community can help fix.

But it appears as though support continues to try to work through the issue with you with hardware replacement.

1 Like