C7 - interfaces.mqtt.connect - Ignoring ValidatorException

Hello HE Team,

I have been helping with the development of the hubitat-thinq driver with my C4, but now that the driver is ready for PROD I am having some issues with it on my C7 (2.2.4.143).

It looks like the HUB has some old CA cert or something because when trying to connect I am getting this exception: (Using the same driver and account)

hubitat-thinq/ThinQ_Washer.groovy at master · dcmeglio/hubitat-thinq · GitHub

MqttException (0) - javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: TLS Server certificate issued after 2019-04-16 and anchored by a distrusted legacy Symantec root CA: CN=VeriSign Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority - G5, OU="(c) 2006 VeriSign, Inc. - For authorized use only", OU=VeriSign Trust Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US

Does anyone know if there currently exists any kind of parameter for the nterfaces.mqtt.connect() so we can ignore the cert verification?

In general, that's not the greatest plan. There's usually a good reason why the validation fails. It can be a "workaround" but typically not suggested as a long-term fix.

There are parameters named caCertificate, clientCertificate, and privateKey. All three are strings, so a socket factory can be built with your own certificates. There's no switch to turn validation off, though.